Page 1 of 3
I'm moving my cat to an apartment and I live on the 47th floor. My windows do not have any screen doors and are open. I love leaving the windows open for fresh air. But will my cat try to jump 47 stories? There are no ledges to walk on for the cat. Please help.
I heard that if a cat jumps out a very high floor it can make a sort of parachute shape and land safely.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
My cat can fly, so if your cat is anything like mine then it should be fine.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Quote by ICOG
My cat can fly, so if your cat is anything like mine then it should be fine.

My cat can shoot down your cat.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
my mom had a cat when she was younger, and i think it died jumping out of a window. but maybe it had brain damage.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I do not think it will, intentionnally at least. Just put some screens.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
my mom had a cat when she was younger, and i think it died jumping out of a window. but maybe it had brain damage.

Before or after?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can't really put screens up because I live so high, and my windows don't open up all the way but it is enough for the cat to get through. My concern is will it jump if it sees a bird.
Get yourself a dog and make it guard the window, maybe.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Cats actually have a better chance of survival from a greater height, it's got something to do with them having time to prepare for the landing. Really. I'm not joking.
Quote by scarlet20
I can't really put screens up because I live so high, and my windows don't open up all the way but it is enough for the cat to get through. My concern is will it jump if it sees a bird.

Get a kind of screen that you can attach to the window from the inside. Even if it's just something you have to cut and staple to the inside of the window.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
If you film and post it on youtube or if you kick it your cat will fall
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Quote by Spike6sic6
Get yourself a dog and make it guard the window, maybe.

i know a guy who's dog died jumping from a window, funnily enough.

This is a bad idea TS, you'll only get a dead dog from it
Quote by dispreferred
Cats actually have a better chance of survival from a greater height, it's got something to do with them having time to prepare for the landing. Really. I'm not joking.

That's true, but 47 floors is VERY high. I do not honestly think a cat can survive such a fall. In fact, I'm 100% sure it will die.

TS, get yourself some some sensor that barks when your cat gets too close? Dunno, I'm out of ideas.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by CreepingDeath13
dont worry man, cats always land on their feet.
Plus, they all have nine lives. Hopefully that one hasn't wasted eight already.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by scarlet20

Put blinders on it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Got Guitar?
Plus, they all have nine lives. Hopefully that one hasn't wasted eight already.

Well, with all the partying cats these days do, you never know.
My friends cat jumped out of his window on the fourth floor of his building and walked away.. I don't know about that high though.
I love the wording. "I'm moving my cat to an apartment" I hope he knows how to cook.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by ~MeTaL~
lets hope it jumps
Do a flip!
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by scarlet20

Birds are regulated by the government NOT to fly higher than the 45th floor of any building. Should you see a bird flying higher than that, take down its license and report it to the civil authorities. They will cite and jail the bird. Tricking cats into jumping out of extraordinarily tall buildings is a felony in all but 3 States.
I don't think a cat would survive a 47 story fall, but then again, the wind will probably push it back into another open window.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Spike6sic6
That's true, but 47 floors is VERY high. I do not honestly think a cat can survive such a fall. In fact, I'm 100% sure it will die.

TS, get yourself some some sensor that barks when your cat gets too close? Dunno, I'm out of ideas.

The stat I heard about this is that a cat has a better chance of surviving a fall from the 20th storey than it does from the 7th, with the reasoning being the same as was cited earlier. You'd think, though, that by the 20th storey the cat would have reached terminal velocity, so the extra 27 are moot. Maybe I'm wrong - physicists in the pit?
One of my cats (house cat) got out of the window and walked along the ledge which is about 3-4inches....and this is a fat cat...a fat stupid cat. I had to grab him and bring him in. And another time he jumped up on a bannister and nearly fell off, if he did he probably would have died.

edit, Oh and a cat CAN survive a high fall because they can use flaps under their arms as a sort of parachute, kinda like a squirrel. I heard it from QI, it must be true.
Last edited by maggot9779 at Aug 15, 2010,
i didn't bring my cat because of this.

he jumped a four metre gap roof to roof at my old house.

was a crazy bastard, plus he wasn't the wussy indoors type.
yo.

I BELIEVE
I think you should build a large trampoline so it'll bounce back up.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I think you should build a large trampoline so it'll bounce back up.

this seems logical.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
If you have to ask then just leave the windows down or barely put them up at all.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Attach a ledge on the inside of the window?
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Only you know your cat, only you could make a valid guess.

Get some mesh to put on the outside of your window so you can open it and keep kitty safe.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
My cat did, only 4 floors, was totally fine.
But I recommend doing something to discourage him from going near the window.
Maybe grab him and hold him outside the window? that might shit him up enough to never go near it.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Page 1 of 3