I just saw a green day concert and I really hadda wonder why all the hate? They aren't the most amazing musicians but their music is good. Their guitarist doesn't walk around like he's the next Hendrix. Also people hate then because their music changed, but do you expect middle aged men to still write the same music they did when they were in their 20s. I'm not trying to say everyone should like them,
I'm just saying whenever I see anything involving Green Day, 99% of people just wrote "Green Day sucks" without backing it up and I'm just wwondering why. Their show was a load of fun btw.
who? the hate is because they call themselves punk even though theyr most popular album is a broadway show
Quote by rickyj
who? the hate is because they call themselves punk even though theyr most popular album is a broadway show

they stopped calling themselves punk rock a long time ago.......

and if people hate greenday just because of the genre their calling themselves
thats just sad or stupid either way lol
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
Quote by Solarstar101
they stopped calling themselves punk rock a long time ago.......

and if people hate greenday just because of the genre their calling themselves
thats just sad or stupid either way lol

i find the singer's(billy joe armstrong?) voice annoying, and being a guitar player i hate that most of the songs are 3 chords, and i find the lyrics stupid.

just my opinions.
Quote by rickyj

Eh, plenty of people who hate Green Day hate punk too.
Quote by rickyj
i find the singer's(billy joe armstrong?) voice annoying, and being a guitar player i hate that most of the songs are 3 chords, and i find the lyrics stupid.

just my opinions.

meh i know what you mean
but thats punk its not supposed to be like death metal hard supposed to be something easy and fast to learn lol
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
AC/DC only has a couple of chords too, does that make them suck?

Mad Professor Snow White Auto Wah
TC Electronic PolyTune 2 Noir
Joyo Vintage Overdrive
ZVex Box of Rock
Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl
TC Electronic Flashback
Neunaber Seraphim + EXP
Hotone Wally
Quote by Shelbien
AC/DC only has a couple of chords too, does that make them suck?

Yes, among other things.
Quote by rickyj

just my opinions.

Dude at least you give a reason most people just hate because it's the "popular" thing to do. If you don't like it I understand you don't like it, but when people hate on something because everyone else does I think it really makes them look like idiots
Quote by rickyj

How does having a broadway show have anything to do with not being punk? That's just idiotic.
Gear:
ZT Lunchbox Amp
Schecter C-1+ Diamond Series
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Digitech Whammy
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
EHX Pocket Metal Muff
EHX Small Stone
EHX Memory Toy
EHX Holy Grail
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Quote by Solarstar101
meh i know what you mean
but thats punk its not supposed to be like death metal hard supposed to be something easy and fast to learn lol

Death metal is piece of cake to learn.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
i find there older stuff better then the new. american idiot was a great political album cause i hate bush but 21st century breakdowns bull. they stopped being punk after american idiot got popular
Fender Standard Strat MIM->Crybaby Wah->Digitech Bad Monkey->Expandora EXP-2000->Peavey Vypr 30/Peavey Classic 20

"The future is unwritten,"-Joe Strummer