Okay guys,

When I dive on the whammy bar, my G B and E strings come back sharp...the problem is fixed by pulling up slightly on the whammy bar (I can even feel a little click when I do). It would be nice if I could Dive Bomb without having to pull up every time.

I tried pressing the string above the nut to see if they weren't locked down all the way, and nothing happened...

Can anyone help me? What is causing this? The low E, A, and D strings don't have this problem.

Thanks in advance,

-Sean
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by connorhxcchaos
How long have you had the strings for? if they are relatively new, it might just be them stretching

That doesn't really make sense, since they return to perfect tune after I pull up.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Last edited by SLonergan at Aug 15, 2010,
Give the joints at the pivot points some lube. Petroleum jelly works good for me
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Have you had this problem before?
Quote by rmr024

Quote by shredtil'yadead
you just bumbed a 13 minute old thread :O

*reported*

Still looking for an answer here guys. Is it possible that the strings are snagging on something? I'm thinking that the click I feel when I pull up could be the strings getting pulled out of whatever they're snagged on.
Quote by rmr024

I told you dude. The thing is not returning back to normal because it is probably just a bit stuck. Either that or you haven't set it up properly.

EDIT: And yes I have had this exact problem before. Not with a ZR though.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Aug 15, 2010,
it could be a bit of crap in ttry he ball bearings (not sure whether they are sealed or not).

the weird thing it seems is that you are going down with the bar to the body (note goes flat) but when you go back to neutral it`s sharper than the original)

post a side on pic of your bridge before and after the dive and dou you have the zps system installed or have you removed it.
Quote by sammo_boi
I told you dude. The thing is not returning back to normal because it is probably just a bit stuck. Either that or you haven't set it up properly.

EDIT: And yes I have had this exact problem before. Not with a ZR though.

I wasn't dismissing your answer, I just haven't been able to try your solution yet.

Quote by ibanezgod1973

the weird thing it seems is that you are going down with the bar to the body (note goes flat) but when you go back to neutral it`s sharper than the original)

Yeah, that's what confuses me so much.

Quote by ibanezgod1973

post a side on pic of your bridge before and after the dive and dou you have the zps system installed or have you removed it.

I took out the ZPS, and I'll get the pics later today.

Anyway, I have an appointment to get it professionally set up in a couple of weeks, so if I can't fix it by then, I'm sure that he'll be able to help.

Thank you for the tips guys! I'll report back tomorrow.
Quote by rmr024

Quote by sammo_boi
Give the joints at the pivot points some lube. Petroleum jelly works good for me

How do I go about Lubricating the Pivot Points?
Quote by rmr024