ITT: What you use your old, POS starter amp that came with your first guitar.

Me? I'm using it as a bed side desk. My wallet and my Mountain Dew are on it. What do you guys use your old amps for?

EDIT: Sorry for the fail spelling haaha
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Last edited by simpleben09 at Aug 15, 2010,
Basically the same as you TS Spider III 75 watt. I have it being used as a table by my recliner, I sit my drinks on it and my external hard drive. Along with various other things. and inside of the open back where the speaker is, I sit usb cords and other things of that nature so I can keep track of them.

I actually was able to sell my starter amp with my Ibanez Artcore semi-hollow a few months back. I got $20 bucks for the amp.. And it just sat there unused. Yay!

EDIT: While not my starting amp, my Crate V50 was my first all tube amp. So that was my "starter" into the world of tubes.. And now it sits in my closet ever since I got my Blackstar. It was love at first sight <3
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Aug 15, 2010,
Wow, what the **** UG? I came to the pit for some LuLz, and now you bastards have sorta made me depressed
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

I use my old amp (Line 6 Spider II 30w) as a practice amp for when I'm jammin' in my bedroom, 'cuz I don't feel like carrying a Twin Reverb upstairs, and when people are home they'll whine about how loud it if the volume's at 2.
Also, I can plug my iPod into the Line6, which is nice for when I wanna jam along to music.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Basically the same as you TS Spider III 75 watt. I have it being used as a table by my recliner, I sit my drinks on it and my external hard drive. Along with various other things. and inside of the open back where the speaker is, I sit usb cords and other things of that nature so I can keep track of them.

This is the only practical use of a Line 6 Spider.
i sell all my old gear... so i can have more money for new gear.. isnt that how it works...
I sold it, along with my first guitar, to fund the purchase of my first tube amp/halfstack. Which I sold to fund the purchase of my far superior current rig. It was kinda sad selling the old thing, but it really was a POS, and I'd rather give it to someone who's gonna use it rather than have it sit in my closet getting shittier every day.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by TheAbsentOne
This is the only practical use of a Line 6 Spider.

I forgot to mention that I also have an input soldered onto the speaker from when I couldn't afford a cab for my Orange AD30

I took all the screws out of the back of my old Fender Frontman and now I hide my cigarettes and etc there. Works pretty well
i sold my first amp at a garage sale to a lady who said 'my son has so many big amps but they're such a pain to carry around everywhere, this one will be so much more handy!!'

i got $30 for it, having originally bought it for $15 :P
2009 Epiphone Dot Natural
Vox VT100 Valvetronix
my first amp is usless because a peace of cable input is stuck in it, as for my other amp, my bro uses it, and I ocasionally use it for a microphone.
My first amp was an ibanez 10W thing, and a total POS. It is just sitting at home on the floor of my cupboard, untouched for years.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by JMF3
i sold my first amp at a garage sale to a lady who said 'my son has so many big amps but they're such a pain to carry around everywhere, this one will be so much more handy!!'

i got $30 for it, having originally bought it for $15 :P

I have never seen an amp sold for so cheap.
Quote by GrungeJunkie
I took all the screws out of the back of my old Fender Frontman and now I hide my cigarettes and etc there. Works pretty well

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I forgot to mention that I also have an input soldered onto the speaker from when I couldn't afford a cab for my Orange AD30

Both of you ****ing win
+100 internets to both of you
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father

i bring it with me whenever i take my guitar out of the house, cause it's small, lightweight, and sounds decent. it's one of those peavey transtube ones.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
i still use mine as my new one is off being fixed..........
i still have my first amp. i dont feel there's any reason for me to get rid of it yet, cant afford a 2nd one haha
I plug my iPod into it, the sound quality is at least good enough for that, and it's surprisingly loud even for a starter. It's lightweight so I've actually brought it to parties, to play the iPod through it.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by slipknot5678

Apparently you've never been on Craigslist.

I still use mine. Its a great amp. It's my first amp, 10 years old and still running like a champ. Sure the speaker is a little fuzzy, but the sound quality is great (for an SS). I use it to come up with songs late at night, or when the family is home. No one likes the tube amp She honorably sits on top of my Mesa Boogie Express. Ill use it until it breaks.
i use my old spider 3 75 watt for its tuner and when i dont feel like warming up my halfstack.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Mine is a dust sink. It works in the same way as a heat sink does in your computer, except with dust, making it infinitely less useful.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Making music.

My newer one is set-up with my pedal, so when I'm too lazy to get everything ready, I use my shitty one.
Quote by slipknot5678

trust me, it was shitttttt. like, it was painful to play through.
2009 Epiphone Dot Natural
Vox VT100 Valvetronix
have it as a secondary when a friend comes over to jam 8D

otherwise it just stands in the corner :V