I have heard that this ruins furniture after a while or something of that sort, is that true? I want to complete redo my room and move it to the basement.
An idea I had was to block out a space to be my room but nailing sheets around an area and then maybe having other small areas and a huge jamming space. Hanging up random Christmas lights and what not.

However, does anyone know how I could get cable down there? Do I have to drill a hole through the vent above the living room with the TV?

Anyone have any cool ideas?
Do you have windows in the basement? I wouldn't move if there aren't any windows.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Quote by RU Experienced?
If there are windows make sure that your cat doesn't jump out and hurt himself.

Good advice.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
I live in an unfinished basement. I like it because, being underground, the temperature doesn't fluctuate much. It stays cool in the summer, and warm(er) in the winter.

However, being underground, it is prone to flooding, and there is no breeze. Keep any electronics off the ground, my amp got ruined when the basement flooded once.
this is what ive done.

id recommend to seal the floors with a moisture barrier paint, and do any walls with the same paint that are directly backing onto dirt/underground. put ventilation fan in aswell as a passive air vent to allow ventilation.

use warm paints on the walls as it gets pretty cold in a basement and paint can add a warm feel (psychology stuff).

and as my room is fairly dedicated to my music and computers, a dehumidifier will come in very handy to keep the room dry and stop mold build up under desks and beds etc.

lighting, use warm yellow lights, not the blue tinged office lights.

if thats all easy then go for it, having a basement room is a blast.
Quote by Hamburgular
I have heard that this ruins furniture after a while or something of that sort, is that true? I want to complete redo my room and move it to the basement.
An idea I had was to block out a space to be my room but nailing sheets around an area and then maybe having other small areas and a huge jamming space. Hanging up random Christmas lights and what not.

However, does anyone know how I could get cable down there? Do I have to drill a hole through the vent above the living room with the TV?

Anyone have any cool ideas?

1 way to get the cable down there is too pull up the carpet right behind the tv (upstairs) a few inches from the wall and drill a hole(big enough for the cable to go through obviously) all the way through and get a splitter for the cord and put the new cable through the hold and just hope that its near your tv.

if the wall upstairs is in the middle of the house then youll have the cable coming from the middle of the room so youll have to run it along your ceiling.