Page 1 of 4
I'm sure this applies to most, if not all, of us. We realize that we are not the biggest fans of most people that share a common interest, whether it be fanaticism towards an artist, genre, movie, culture, sport, lifestyle, etc.

For example:
I love instrumental guitar music ("shred", if you will, but I hate the term as a genre). BUT most people that I encounter who share this love often annoy me. Usually because they are at least one of the following:
- Obsessed with "shredding"
- They feel musically superior to everyone around them
- They ONLY listen to that style of music

I am also a democrat, but I have found that many, if not most, "democrats" or "liberals" in my age group and geographic location try to depict themselves as "hippies" simply due to the fact that they vote democratic, smoke pot, and have a copy of Axis Bold as Love.

Now, Pit, I inquire, what are some interests that you have that you find yourself disliking many of your fellow fanatics? Does it turn you off to said interest? If so, how much?
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I love playing guitar, but I don't like talking to most guitarists around here

-They always make sure to tell me I suck for playing simple music
-They often only know three chords and/or are guitar douchebags

And several other things.

By the way, I don't think a guitar douchebag who knows three chords should make fun of me for playing simple music.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by slipknot5678
I love playing guitar, but I don't like talking to most guitarists around here

-They always make sure to tell me I suck for playing simple music
-They often only know three chords and/or are guitar douchebags

And several other things.

Haha guitarists are a snobby bunch in general.
Quote by AA00P
morbid angel and slayer fans.

their fans think that those bands are god's gift to metal, and are far superior to everyone else.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
"smoke pot, and have a copy of Axis Bold as Love." what more could you want?

i must say i am the 3 following things

- Obsessed with "shredding"... or metal with shred solos in general
- They feel musically superior to everyone around them... i technically am, i only know 3 other musicians around me so...
- They ONLY listen to that style of music
I love metal but i hate metal elitists.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Music in general really ... everyone I meet are horrible elitists. I just don't feel it's necessary to rip on something I dislike and apparently that makes me a poor conversation partner. I just keep to myself now really.
I hate enough things about everybody (including yours truly) that any example I could name would be moot.
Juggalos...

I like ICP, but most Juggalos are utter morons. (for the record, I am not a juggalo)
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
Juggalos...

I like ICP, but most Juggalos are utter morons. (for the record, I am not a juggalo)

****in a, they take icp seriously enough to treat it as a religion.
Quote by JayT44
Juggalos...

I'm pretty sure every non-Juggalo fan of ICP feels the exact same way.
Quote by AA00P
Also, people who like the same bands as I do. I love Iron Maiden, but I honestly get annoyed by people saying Up The Irons!!!
Fried chicken. I tell ya, some people..
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
Quote by Nielsyboy
Music in general really ... everyone I meet are horrible elitists. I just don't feel it's necessary to rip on something I dislike and apparently that makes me a poor conversation partner. I just keep to myself now really.

+1
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by Yhdeksas
I'm a fan of Soilwork, but....I hate the clean whiny vocals.

That's not what this thread is about.
Quote by AA00P
Quote by Yhdeksas
Shut up it's a stupid thread anyway..

Somebody's butthurt over nothing...
Quote by AA00P
Quote by Yhdeksas
Shut up it's a stupid thread anyway..

i hate guys like this guy
slipknot, its an okay band i like some of it but the hardcore fans "maggots" are lame enough to go out of their ways to go to other bands video's on youtube and say that slipknot is infinitely better... that killed slipknot for me
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Smoking weed- Neo-hippis bug the crap outta me. No, you are not smart, your thoughts are not profound, they are quite simplistic. Your questions about the universe, society, etc have all been asked before, they are not profound. Your conspiracy theories are retarded, the illuminati did not create hip-hop to bring down black people, you read that while high browsing google, and now you sound stupid for bringing that up. Noam Chomsky is smart, Carl Sagan is smart, you are not smart, you are stoned. Its a ****ing plant, smoking it does not create some unspoken bond between other smokers. You put a green plant in a piece of glass and stuck a lighter to it.

Hunting- I'm the only moderate hunter I know. Most of the people who hunt are oldschool conservatives who people base their stereotypes on, and they'd be right. Ted Nugent is a douchebag. He does nothing but turn people off to hunting by being too radical/a douche.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Quote by ssjmitch
slipknot, its an okay band i like some of it but the hardcore fans "maggots" are lame enough to go out of their ways to go to other bands video's on youtube and say that slipknot is infinitely better... that killed slipknot for me

Anyone who goes onto another artist's video just to bash them or say that their favorite band is better is pretty lame. Especially the people that want to bring up artists like Justin Bieber, Hannah Montana, etc. on EVERY video, even death metal videos just to get thumbs up.
Quote by AA00P
Quote by RU Experienced?
Could've fooled me.

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Fans of most bands.

I think one of the most known to be hated are TOOL fans.

I love Tool and I listen to them on daily basis but some people think they are the greatest damn thing since sliced bread.

Not cool, not cool.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
I really like pokemon and warhammer.

Now, all the guys that like pokemon I know are greasy losers who have yet to grow up and one complete and utter paedo. Apart from one girl who likes it who is HAWT and has huge tits...

warhammer - almost the same. Except those guys tend to only be able to make in-universe jokes, and they usually like to make their shitty £10 army feel better than mine by going through all my miniatures and declaring them non-tournament legal due to things like "HiS GUN IS POINTING 43 DEGREES THEREFORE HE CANNOT DO ANYTHING." or "THAT TANK TURRET ISN'T GLUED DOWN." F*cking losers. That or they're 11 and run around the store tripping me up. No I will not "play" with you. I'll get put on a list.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
i love browsing the forums here but all the gear anybody talks about is metal gear. these forums need a more diverse crowd of musicians!
Quote by JayT44
Juggalos...

I used to occasionally listen to ICPand similar stuff.
Then I met this girl, we dated a bit. She started listening to ICP.
Then, she found a few new friends.
They were juggalos... and... they turned her...
Based on juggalos and my experience with them, I don't see how anybody could want to be associated with that
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I love loving, but some people love to an extent it bugs me.
Quote by loudog93
i love browsing the forums here but all the gear anybody talks about is metal gear. these forums need a more diverse crowd of musicians!

What about the threads for Fenders and Orange amps?

I know there are a lot of 14 year olds who go "I NEED NEW AMP THAT CAN PLAY METAL, METALCORE, DEATHCORE, GRINDCORE, APPLECORE etc. etc." but there are serious players here. I think....
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by vulgarmachine
I really like pokemon and warhammer.

Now, all the guys that like pokemon I know are greasy losers who have yet to grow up and one complete and utter paedo. Apart from one girl who likes it who is HAWT and has huge tits ...

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Quote by vulgarmachine
What about the threads for Fenders and Orange amps?

I know there are a lot of 14 year olds who go "I NEED NEW AMP THAT CAN PLAY METAL, METALCORE, DEATHCORE, GRINDCORE, APPLECORE etc. etc." but there are serious players here. I think....

There are actually.

I know there are no threads of Rivera and Egnater amps.
Quote by Guitar0player
There are actually.

I know there are no threads of Rivera and Egnater amps.

You been in GG&A lately? There's quite a bit of Egnater love. Rivera not so much but they aren't as common as Egnater is now.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Weed. I'll smoke on occasion, but 95% of the people I meet that indulge are either complete morons or think they are going to bring about the next paridigm shift in our world.
Quote by mmolteratx
You been in GG&A lately? There's quite a bit of Egnater love. Rivera not so much but they aren't as common as Egnater is now.

I love my Egnater :3
I'm a teenager.

I ****ing hate teenagers.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by TheBurningFish
I'm a teenager.

I ****ing hate teenagers.

This. There are some people my age I really respect but damn they piss me off.

Oh and even though I'm not a maggot (I just like Slipknot, I don't worship them) I bet ssjmitch wouldn't like me.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Aug 15, 2010,
I like Tool but every fan I've meant thinks there the the greatest thing ever and won't except other wise. Same thing with Nirvana around where I live, the fans are sadly obsessed and not in a good way.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Last edited by unicornfist at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by The_Sophist
Someone want to explain what a juggolo is?

What is a juggalo? I don't know.

Eh only line from the song I remember.

If you are really asking they are basically ICP's (and associated acts) cult following.
Page 1 of 4