Hey Guys, I need your help.

Some guy I kinda know showed me a band and I really liked them, but I forgot thier name.

He said they were a metal band, but all thier stuff was instrumental and really classically inspired.

None of the songs I heard had guitars or drums, it was all strings, and it was awesome.

Any help?
apocalyptica
BC Rich Warlock 81/85 Floyd Rose
Strat copy
J-Bass copy
Pre-1933 Olds Bass Trombone (G/F Triggers)
UWT Inc. Ukulele
Ibanez TK999HT Tube King Distortion
Digitech RP70
Currently, only with a Fender Frontman 25R

"We'll do it live"
Apocalyptica?

I'm not sure if they have a guitarist or not but as far as i know they're all violins.
its strings, plays lots of metallica covers. Oh ya, he didnt say anything about a guitar
BC Rich Warlock 81/85 Floyd Rose
Strat copy
J-Bass copy
Pre-1933 Olds Bass Trombone (G/F Triggers)
UWT Inc. Ukulele
Ibanez TK999HT Tube King Distortion
Digitech RP70
Currently, only with a Fender Frontman 25R

"We'll do it live"
Apocalyptica was my first thought, too.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by TwistClock
Apocalyptica?

I'm not sure if they have a guitarist or not but as far as i know they're all violins.

Seeing as TS said they were all strings, that'd be Apocalyptica. TS, don't get the new album of theirs. It's absolute crap. Their other albums are pure gold though.
There is a drummer in Apocalyptica, although he didn't join until around 2005.

Oh and yeah the other three members play cellos, not violins.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by TwistClock
Apocalyptica?

Accually they are celli
Gear:
Kramer Pacer Custom 1 -87
Laney GH50L
Esp ltd mh250nt
Roland MicroCube

Member of the Laney Cult
Which metal methods? Cause I've consider drums+guitar are the essence of metal. Without them I would seriously doubt calling any band metal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocolyptica

The first paragraph on wiki contains the word metal four times. He said metal 'methods', I don't think what instruments are being used would be considered a 'method', the only element there is timbre. By methods I believe he would be referring to ones that have more influence on the overall sound such as the rhythm, which is very aggressive in metal, lots of staccato, accentuation on the beat and syncopation and melody which uses dissonant intervals, that build up large amounts of tension and could include techniques/methods such as pedal tones, drones, frequent perfect fifth intervals, as well as usage of the flat sixth, flat second and occasionally the tritone, an uncommon or dissonant scales such as the harmonic minor, phygrian dominant as well as the phygrian and locrain modes.

Also they played at Wacken. That's about metal as it gets.

They're a good band when they're not covering metallica and writing singles for 89x. I'd prefer something along the lines of Dimmu Borgir or Anorexia Nervosa, but they're good at what they do. Defiantly innovators in the genre
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Last edited by Wiegenlied at Aug 15, 2010,