I've been playing for a while with my Epiphone Special, which is decent, but as I'm getting better I want to upgrade my guitar. I recently got a nice Marshall Amp for my birthday and was wondering what are some good guitars around the 300-500 dollar range. I prefer Fender and Gibson, but I'll look into all ideas. I mostly play punk and classic rock btw
Gibson's pretty good. A nice marshall amp? You really need to be more specific about the amp, because it may NOT be a nice one.
Quote by Slashestranged
Get a Gibson Les Paul supreme

Youre cool. And TS, id suggest a MIM Fender strat, HSS config.
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
My nice Marshall amp is a TSL100 half-stack.

You will struggle to find a Gibson in that price range. I would be looking at a late 80s Japanese Strat, which you might be able to find for that money. They were some quality instruments.

Otherwise, the LTD M-300FM or LTD H-401FM might do the trick.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I was thinking maybe sticking with my Epiphone for another 9 months and working next summer and I'll be able to get something really nice but the more and more I play on some of my friends nicer guitars the more it makes mine feel like a pile of trash
Quote by benn913
the more and more I play on some of my friends nicer guitars the more it makes mine feel like a pile of trash

I know these guitars, and yes dude, they are absolute trash. But now you know, and you can upgrade.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Fender Mexican Standard HSS strat or Epiphone les paul standard or Esp Ltd EC-401VF
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Those strats are good? I've seen them on guitarcenter.com next time I go to the store I'll see If they have any i can try out. I don't really like ordering my guitars off the Internet I like to be able to play it to see if i like it first