Page 1 of 2
Do you think there is someone out there that is perfect (or close to) for every person?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I think I found mine, but she's not down. She broke my heart.

But whatevs, we got Bon Jovi to listen to.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by vintage x metal
Do you think there is someone out there that is perfect (or close to) for every person?
Statistics suggest there should be more than one person that could be a "perfect match" to any person.

But statistics aren't really romantic, so I'll just say yes.
Well, there's almost 7 billion people on earth, so the odds are pretty good that everyone has multiple potential "soul mates".
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
i hope she lives near me
thatll suck if my soulmate lives somewhere in asia or something
Of course. Whether something totally unrelated to compatibility totally screws it up or not is a different story.
Well yeah.. Even if you're super weird there has to be at least one person in the world that's right for you.
Yes I really hope so
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
I thought several times that I had, until I realized I pretty much ignored everything negative about said female human beings.

Also, **** distance!
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Yes. You'll just never find them, and they'll never find you, and you'll both die alone.
No. Someone out there has got to have ridiculously unrealistic tastes in women, and wouldn't settle for anything less than a four-arsed mermaid. And given that some people are probably arseholes who are perfect for nobody, some people will have to double up at best.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Statistics suggest there should be more than one person that could be a "perfect match" to any person.

But statistics aren't really romantic, so I'll just say yes.

(Invalid img)

I think there is, some people you just naturally connect with.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I dont think anyone is perfect for anyone.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
I dont think anyone is perfect for anyone.

(Invalid img)
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
i think that god likes to ruin shit for every1, so he does make people perfect for eachother, and they meet eachother, but then he finds a way to completely ruin it and ruin your life afterward, it entertains him, like giving a baby candy and taking it right back. love is a ****in sick horrible thing and every1 should stay away from it

just my opinion
Quote by TMVATDI
i think that god likes to ruin shit for every1, so he does make people perfect for eachother, and they meet eachother, but then he finds a way to completely ruin it and ruin your life afterward, it entertains him, like giving a baby candy and taking it right back. love is a ****in sick horrible thing and every1 should stay away from it

just my opinion

wat.

Not really, people mess things up for themselves, someone gets close - they push them away out of fear. It's the same cycle over and over.

I highly doubt god is playing MASTOR MASTOR MASTOR of puppets.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
No. We are all just floating around and bumping into each other, and once in a while two people will stick together for slightly longer than normal. But that is just random, just coincidence. The best you can hope for is someone who you can stick to a bit more easily than others.
kill all humans
Quote by Anthony1991
wat.

Not really, people mess things up for themselves, someone gets close - they push them away out of fear. It's the same cycle over and over.

I highly doubt god is playing MASTOR MASTOR MASTOR of puppets.

yeah i was just kinda messing around, im not even religious or anything. but i do have a pretty pessimistic view on "love" at the moment, shit happens ya know, and years later u forget it and unrelated shit happens, its the circle of shit
Quote by ChucklesMginty
):

Nyaww.

You introduced me to acmebargig. If I were female, any time you wanted sex I'd be all vaginas.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
Nyaww.

You introduced me to acmebargig. If I were female, any time you wanted sex I'd be all vaginas.

HAH! if i knew how to make a sig-thingy, this would go in it. problem is, i dont know how to...
Quote by alaskan_ninja
No. We are all just floating around and bumping into each other, and once in a while two people will stick together for slightly longer than normal. But that is just random, just coincidence. The best you can hope for is someone who you can stick to a bit more easily than others.

We're not the inside of a star

Boy meets Girl, Boy loves Girl (if girl isnt a stalker), Girl Pushes Boy away, Boy pushes back to Girl, Girl dumps Boy, Boy goes fetal position.

Dr.Coxs says it best;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IINn0UatJPE

(It's not the best quote but that's fanboys for you )
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
I don't believe in soulmates. It's a silly concept in my opinion because no two people are quite alike.

And it would be the most boring relationship ever if people were.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I don't believe in soulmates. It's a silly concept in my opinion because no two people are quite alike.

And it would be the most boring relationship ever if people were.

That's not the point of soul-mates, it's not about HEY YOUR T SHIRT HAS THE SAME NUMBER AS MINE LETS BE FRIENDS <3

The point of a soul-mate is that regardless of how different you may be it just some how works.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991
That's not the point of soul-mates, it's not about HEY YOUR T SHIRT HAS THE SAME NUMBER AS MINE LETS BE FRIENDS <3

The point of a soul-mate is that regardless of how different you may be it just some how works.

You can have a relationship that works with any number of people. You haven't met everyone in the world yet you will probably settle down with someone.

Unless there's someone up there pulling the strings so everyone lives in the same country as their soulmate and speaks the same language, I think it's a load of crap still.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Unless there's someone up there pulling the strings so everyone lives in the same country as their soulmate and speaks the same language, I think it's a load of crap still.

I dont speak my girlfriends language and she's moving back to Finland soon

..and I believe she's.. "the one for me" or a "soulmate" or whatever the hell you wanna call it
Quote by sam b
I dont speak my girlfriends language and she's moving back to Finland soon

..and I believe she's.. "the one for me" or a "soulmate" or whatever the hell you wanna call it

.............wha-?...
Quote by TMVATDI
.............wha-?...

She speaks Finnish, I dont? Well, I can a bit
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
You can have a relationship that works with any number of people. You haven't met everyone in the world yet you will probably settle down with someone.

'Work' With soul-mates there is no 'work' - and yeh you can force something to work, but you don't end up happy.

It's like what Andy Parsons said on top Gear when the phrase was "500"

"You're soul-mate is 1 in a million - 1 in 500 is what MOST people will settle for" (something to that effect) - I'd rather find the perfect out of like 8 billion than settle for 1 in 500. Settling is the worst possible thing to do - i've done it before and i was just so unhappy, the feeling of freedom when i left her "lets be friends" (That never EVER speak) was immense.

We all speak the language of love I had to say that
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by sam b

But she speaks some English too, right?

And I'm sorry but you are all idealists. I love my boyfriend. He's 6 years older than me, has shite taste in music and doesn't really want the same things in the future, but I still couldn't imagine life without him. I'm not "settling" for anything, but I know we aren't soulmates, because they don't exist.
Quote by sam b

i mean...how does that work...like...does she just yell finish things in bed like that chick who spoke russian or whatever on anchorman? haha. but seriously i mean...how do you talk?
So... I've come here to bust the soulmate theory.
Since there are 6 billion + people in this world, if everyone had one, and only one soulmate, probably no-one will actually find them.
But still, you hear a lot of "true love" or "I've found my soulmate", which is statistically very unlikely. This means that if you find your "true love" (whether or not he/she actually is) just depends on how critical you are, or there are several, if not thousands of "potential soulmates" for everyone. Too bad that isn't too romantic, aie?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
But she speaks some English too, right?

And I'm sorry but you are all idealists. I love my boyfriend. He's 6 years older than me, has shite taste in music and doesn't really want the same things in the future, but I still couldn't imagine life without him. I'm not "settling" for anything, but I know we aren't soulmates, because they don't exist.

Her English is better than mine

I'm not gonna get into a load of sappy shit about how much I love her or whatever but if she isnt my "soulmate" like you say, I know she's perfect for me and that we're perfect together. That's all that matters, right

EDIT:
Quote by TMVATDI
i mean...how does that work...like...does she just yell finish things in bed like that chick who spoke russian or whatever on anchorman? haha. but seriously i mean...how do you talk?

In English? I said I dont speak her language. If she's from Finland and I'm from England. That's two languages there
Last edited by sam b at Aug 15, 2010,
I'm not sure on whether there is for EVERY person, but I'm pretty sure I found mine. Even planning on getting tattoos to that effect. Not using names, but a French saying that pretty well fit for us. Deux ames, un couer. Basically means 2 souls, 1 heart. She's just about everything I could ever want out of a woman. She's one of the kindest, most caring people I've ever known, funny, smart, likes hard rock/metal like me, watches more NFL Football than I do and would rather go see a horror film than a chick flick. She's incredible. We met at a Disturbed concert 5 years ago. I couldn't believe how incredibly lucky I was to find her after dealing with some of the people I did before her.
Perfection is impossible. Also, people change. Therefore I say no.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
It's tough to say, because the person you are can change as well. I believe my girlfriend is the perfect person for me right now, but what happens if my personality changes in a few year and I stop enjoying the things we like doing together? It may stop working, in which case I'll be back on the rohypnol.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by sam b
Her English is better than mine

I'm not gonna get into a load of sappy shit about how much I love her or whatever but if she isnt my "soulmate" like you say, I know she's perfect for me and that we're perfect together. That's all that matters, right

EDIT:

In English? I said I dont speak her language. If she's from Finland and I'm from England that's two languages there

Well you do speak the same language then

And yeah you can meet people you have more in common with, have a better chemistry with, of course, and congratulations to anyone who has, but that doesn't mean they're soulmates with you.

I know I'm lucky to have my boyfriend because he is basically perfect, he's sweet and adorable but not clingy or annoying, and he doesn't just roll over and agree when I'm being an obnoxious brat. But are you telling me out of everyone in the world there isn't another person just like him? or better compatible for me? Of course there is, because soul mates don't exist, just a series of coincidences and good timing.
Page 1 of 2