I need a bass ASAP. I can no longer make mixes using keyboard bass parts, its just really holding my songs back at this point/driving me crazy

I'm currently making due with a 100$ squire strat for my electric sounds (which i get a lot of compliments for) so I think I should be able to get something decent, but I'd like some recommendations.

otherwise I would have to blindly go into guitar center and see what they had to try (usually very few models in that price range, roll the dice and pick one)

thanks!
theres no way ill have 600 to spend on this, there are a million things i need for my studio i'd buy before a 600$ bass

also...do all bass guitars have that annoying battery compartment? it drives me insane. I dont want my guitar to need batteries/its a bitch to open.
Last edited by blackmajik2021 at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by blackmajik2021
theres no way ill have 600 to spend on this, there are a million things i need for my studio i'd buy before a 600$ bass

also...do all bass guitars have that annoying battery compartment? it drives me insane. I dont want my guitar to need batteries/its a bitch to open.

thats the ame of the bass
and no alot of basses have passive electronics
Just go to GC and see what they have used. My Epi Goth Thunderbird IV was under $200.

Also, shouldn't you have posted this in the bass forum?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^Dude, did you read a single word in this thread?

Granted, the thread title and location is very inappropriate for the content.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I watched the used market for a while looking for a Fender P bass for the same reasons you described. Always wanted to have a bass of my own. A friend of mine decided to sell his 98 Standard MIM Jazz bass. It was dirty and hadn't been played in years. One of the bridge adjustment screws was missing. I was able to get it cheap and it cleaned up nice. I set up the action just right for me. No major problems. I have to say that I like the "J" bass sound much more than the "P". The Mexican Standards are a very solid platform and can be bought used for not much cash if you don't mind putting a little work into them. Highly recommended.