Can you buy single guitar strings..Example if i keep snapping the high E string , I bought some D,Addario strings,restrung the guitar all went well till i tried tuning the high E in.And it snapped .I dont wanna buy a full set just for one string..Its my fault really cos iv been messing with the intonation on my strat and thats why im having a prob tuning it in now.Hence frustrating and snapping..So if i buy several singles i have something to play with..Looking on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DADDARIO-PLAIN-STEEL-SINGLE-GUITAR-STRINGS-5-X-010-/350375508210?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories <here would they be ok for me ? Its a strat with D,Addario EXL110s on now..well 5 of them on lol....Or any links to buy single strings would be great . im in uk by the way.. And yeah i know i shoudent have messed with the intonation lol you gotta learn sometime dont you.. Cheers guys..
Every guitar shop I've ever walked into sells single strings.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sounds like your guitar is very improperly set up. You re not supposed to be breaking strings that often...

I really cant remember the last time i BROKE a string...

I m pretty sure its a technique thing, or a setup problem on your guitar.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
You can buy singles just about anywhere.

One brand, I think it's Elixir but I'm not sure, sells a set of strings with two high Es just in case.
My guitar teacher recommends to me RotoSound strings - They always come with 2 High E strings
Same as Cathboard, as far as I know, most stores sell individual strings.

What I recommend for you is a setup from a tech and ask them to string your guitar for you. That would fix the things you messed up (which, very likely, is the cause of your string breaking problem.) Watch them stringing your guitar, maybe you did something wrong along the way.

Just some old experiences from a friend who had the exactly same problem with his ESP guitar, which had Floyd Rose.
Gear:
Spear SHL-1 Evil Monkey
Digitech RP350
Vietnamese Made - Duy Ngọc Acoustic Guitar

Soon my gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
as said most stores sell single strings, there`s even a couple of manufacturers that sell a spare high E in a standard six string pack, (i think rotosound is one of them)

i`ve not broke a string in over 20 years on my own guitars but on others peoples the record isn`t so great, i`ve even snapped the 4th string on a bass (that hurts)
Check your bridge saddles for burrs.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I pretty much only buy single strings now because I use weird string gauges
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
^ Freek.

I don't break strings very often, I always change my strings after 3-4 weeks anyway so
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
What i did guys was i checked the intonation and the first string i did was the high e and it was out so i tried to set it right and it snapped, so i got a set of strings..Before restringing it i wanted the bridge to be flat to the guitar so i blocked it with a piece of wood..Restrung it, all went well untill i tried to tune the high E string in all the others tuned in fine..I checked the neck rod thats fine its set at 010..My pick ups where a lil out i fixed that, Once again the E string snapped.. theres no guitar shops in my area id have to go out of town..The ones on e bay they have packs of 5 010 gauge they will be ok yeah ? Cheers
Quote by CL/\SH
^ Freek.

I don't break strings very often, I always change my strings after 3-4 weeks anyway so

Hey man its cheaper to buy single strings 52,36,26,17,13,10 than to buy a regular pack of slinkies and then a 52
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Check your bridge saddles for burrs.

Just what I was thinking.
Quote by willy2009
What i did guys was i checked the intonation and the first string i did was the high e and it was out so i tried to set it right and it snapped,

Dont make these adjustments with the string on the saddle and in tune. Detune the string and pull it off the saddle.
Um, my local guitar shop sells strings in singles.

I know, because when I was a noob messing around before I went and got lessons, I broke the high E string a lot!
Quote by 667
Dont make these adjustments with the string on the saddle and in tune. Detune the string and pull it off the saddle.

Yeah i did that m8..Cheers...The 5 strings that are on there now have tuned in spot on..Its just the Low e im having probs with its just a matter of messing with the saddle a little..Thanx for info guys...