Hey UG,

I've just bought myself a new Ibanez SR700 and I thought I'd start a thread to see what my fellow bassists think about this piece of kit.

Has anyone had any past experiences good or bad with it? Does anyone else on this forum own one? Any feedback would be awesome.
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

Peavey Tour series 450 Head + Peavey 410 TVX Cab
VOX ADVT15

Line 6: Guitarport
Isn't it a better idea to ask for feedback before you buy it?

Anyway... I've got one and it's awesome.
That is all.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90

That is all.

Well I knew it was good, I just wanna' see what other people on the Bass forum think. xD Like if there is any problems to look out for, what amp would be the best to use it with and stuff like that.
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

VOX ADVT15

I've heard that they're top shit.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by Headcrusher!
Well I knew it was good, I just wanna' see what other people on the Bass forum think. xD Like if there is any problems to look out for, what amp would be the best to use it with and stuff like that.

Amp is personal preference, but I'd recommend you get one with an active input just to be safe.

The second day I had my sr700 I lifted it too high and the ceilling fan hit it a top speed.

Not a scratch/dent. Nothing.

I've also heard someone say they accidentally ran over the neck of one with a car and it was out of tune but undamaged.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Quote by gilly_90
Amp is personal preference, but I'd recommend you get one with an active input just to be safe.

The second day I had my sr700 I lifted it too high and the ceilling fan hit it a top speed.

Not a scratch/dent. Nothing.

I've also heard someone say they accidentally ran over the neck of one with a car and it was out of tune but undamaged.

Dayuuum it sounds like one bad-ass mother****er! xD
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

VOX ADVT15

Quote by Headcrusher!
Dayuuum it sounds like one bad-ass mother****er! xD

Think I might go play mine now
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by gilly_90

That is all.

Ibanez don't make a single bad bass and their prices are spot on.

The SR series doesn't appeal to me personally (neck and body are too small for me) but other than personal preference they're fairly flawless.

Happy NBD!
I've played the SR700 and the SR705. Both are really nice basses. I love my SR and agree with Spaz that Ibanez makes great basses, esp. for the price.
I have the 750 and I love it.

Only difference between the 2 is the top wood but it's a great bass.

Congrats on the buy man Happy NBD
I own one and it's my go to bass. I currently play in a death metal band tuned to C# and only use medium light d'addario xls. With a proper setup this bass is pure butter. I can rip out any lick on this sucker! The pup controls give excellent control over your tone. The slightest adjustment can produce something very different.

I go to large music stores often and play warwicks, Tobias, music mans, etc all the time and have yet to find anything I prefer to my SR700. I am a complete fan boy over mine. I eventually plan on getting a Prestige SR, but that would probably be the only thing I'd replace it with.
You bought it, dude. If you like it, that's all that should matter. Enjoy
signature
Amate of mine has the SR750. Great bass!
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Yeah, a good friend of mine has an SR700. He used to bring it to school all the time, and he dropped it off the bleachers once. Not a scratch. Played like a charm too
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
I've got one too. Love this bass! Well built, great tone, lightweight, nice thin neck...
Gear :
Ibanez GWB35 Gary Willis signature
Ibanez SR700 CN
Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV

Marshall MB4410