So I noticed that, for instance, Dimarzio has some of their humbucking pickups in the single coil sized "rails" version as well (e.g. Tonezone). How do these compare to the full sized versions?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Ok since no ones gonna respond,I use the sds(super distortion single) and its really hot and really loud but not quite as hot as its full sized brother lol.go to the dimarzio site and read and compare the output in millivolts for example the tone zone single coil puts out 300mv and the full sized puts out 375mv but on the other hand its putting out more than many full sized ones like the paf and air norton...

I wouldn't mind thrying out one of the tzs pickups cause I love the sds
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
single coil size humbuckers often retain some of the strat sound with more balls. not quite the same as a full size HBer. depends on which ones you are talking about. the stacked ones tend to be more single coilish in sound, the side by side more hberish.
Those dont sound like a full blown Humbucker. They are sort of half way from single coils towards Humbuckers.

For some, its best of both worlds. for others its neither this nor that.

so check out yourself if you like the tone.
Samick AV6
Yamaha RGX 121z
Zoom G2 Processor
Digitech RP 80
Marshall CD15
Roland cube 30x
Quote by meghrs88

For some, its best of both worlds. for others its neither this nor that.

so check out yourself if you like the tone.

+1, exactly.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?