hello, is it possible to record a guitar directly on sound card? what i mean is i have successfully hooked the guitar on my pc (i am using ASIO driver), the peak meter is always on half when im not playing, i tried plugging my amp(guitar> guitar input of amp> headphone output of amp> soundcard (i am using 1/8 adapter). and i have also tried using guitar rig4, have tried in FL studio, Reaper and still theres alot of noise, is it possible to eliminate it using direct input?
Just for today, do not worry.
Just for today, do not anger.
Honor your parents, teachers, and elders.
Earn your living honestly.
Show gratitude to everything.
yep i have the Presonus audiobox, and I get like -50 dB noise... not perfect, but pretty good, and you really can't hear any noise at all.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Line 6 Tone Port, and there's a noise gate on it that cuts a shitload of noise out. They're only around $120 and they have some great amp models on there too.

You won't get noiseless recording with you just going through your sound card. You physically can't.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

im planning on getting a ZOOM g2u, is that okay? i have read that it has USB interface too, and i knew someone that has a chain like wah>amp sim(sans)>zoom g2.u> CPU, he is also using a direct connection and still produce professional like sound.

thanks for all your ideas i might get Line 6 Tone Port soon.
Just for today, do not worry.
Just for today, do not anger.
Honor your parents, teachers, and elders.
Earn your living honestly.
Show gratitude to everything.