This guy is immense, and this might have been discussed before but i thought i'd share it anyway.

For anyone looking to really understand their fretboard, i think this guy has it spot on.

I have pretty good improvisational intervalic knowledge (aurally) when it comes to the piano, but it's not quite there as far as guitar goes.

I'll definitely be working on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyDhSJxwIFg
This is a great video! Thanks for sharing! Are there any other videos by him or by other guitarists who help teach you to relate what you're singing to what you play? I can come up with some great lead ideas just humming them but transcribing them to guitar is such a slow process.
Hmm i have no idea but i'll definitely try and find more guitar lessons along these lines. I think this is one of the most important lessons i've ever had....just look at the guy he knows exactly what he's playing with no guess work...amazing.
What a great video!
Fretboard Mastery by Troy Stetina is quite a good book for exercises similar to what Godin's talking about.
That guy is really entertaining and he has a crazy looking guitar.

I'm definitely going to try this, it kind of makes you look like a fool but that's the good thing about not having roommates!
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender American Special Strat
Assorted Boss and Hardwire pedals
Vox AC15C1
Quote by Pettah
Ill try this :O but I have a feeling that this will take Millions of hours of practice haha

Well he says do it with everything you play - so if that means it'll take a million hours that can only benefit you!