I've been looking at used electro-acoustics on Ebay. I've seen a decent one which retails at around £400 (UK). I've just contacted the seller for more details, but it looks in good condition and I imagine it's around 2 years old. It also has a good hard case with it. What sort of price would you expect to pay for it? I just don't know how quickly guitars lose value, and what percentage of the original price they usually go for.

Sorry I've not given more details about it, make/model etc, but don't want to encourage any competition

Thanks.
Dude, we need much more information. How can we possibly expect to give an estimate of price if we don't know what it is? Is it a chinese POS or a Gibson SJ-250 Monarch, or something in between?

At very least, I'm not gunna snake your guitar. I already have nice acoustic and I live in Australia anyway.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Last edited by seemeel at Aug 15, 2010,
Agreed. We can't do anything to help you out until we know who makes it, what model, etc.. Also, a link to the actual item(s) in question would be nice.
Quote by X V I I
Also, a link to the actual item(s) in question would be nice.

No, because if he did that, people would bid on it and make him pay more.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
No, because if he did that, people would bid on it and make him pay more.

Eh, I guess that's true. Even still, we can't do shyte until we know about the gear in question..
Ok, lets all just agree that I'm an idiot

I'm not willing to bring attention to the guitar I've seen, so just forget about it. Thanks for all of your help anyway

EDIT to say that I'm a slow typer, and have now seen that I'm not necessarily an idiot any more.
Last edited by Socks at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by Socks

I'm not willing to bring attention to the guitar I've seen, so just forget about it. Thanks for all of your help anyway

Well, at least we tried.. If nothing else, take the guitar in question, and compare it to others from around the net, especially in your area. Hopefully, you'd be able to come to a conclusion as to whether or not it's worth it, bro. *shrug*
Quote by Socks

EDIT to say that I'm a slow typer, and have now seen that I'm not necessarily an idiot any more.

There is a Tanglewood TW45 NSb on there right now with 7 days to go, get in on that.

Other than what I have (in my and others opinion) that is the best VFM in that bracket you will get.

Retail is about £500, you should be able to get it for £250.

If it is that Tak you are looking at, it's a G series so wont have many solid parts...nice though.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Aug 15, 2010,