Page 1 of 2
So.. my budget is about 1000~1500$
I'm interested at high gain head(only) amp. looking for great dirt channel as Metallica/Megadeth and a warm clean channel.
I was Thinking about Engl amps... my point is, where the hell can i find them in stores and not from purchasing from the internet??? searched for a while....

And in which stores can i find Mesa Boogie Mark IV, no the new V cause it's way pricey then i can get...
no issues with used gear
anyone?
Thanks!!
JCM800
Single Rectifier
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Na they dont sell any high gain heads in the US mate...

Though there are loads of Mesa for sale in Europe...

Seriously

For what you want a Mesa would be perfect and in your budget, an ENGL however is not.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
i'd check out used Mark IIc+ and IV.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
I'm on vocation in the USA , always changes cities and countries and can buy from the internet, and l want to check them first
and don't know where to buy used gears
and stores? LA/LV/ San diego??
Splawn Pro Mod?

If you buy used, that opens up some seriously great pro-level amps - and if you can always try em out before buying if you stick to local sellers.
Last edited by kyle62 at Aug 15, 2010,
Check a used Mesa Mark III on Ebay.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
a mark IIC+ might be a bit to expensive for a budget like that. The mark III is one awsome amp. It's a bit mkore agressive than the IIC+ and it's not as modern sounding as the IV. Only down side is that it can be a bit of a pain to find a balance between an awsome lad and an awsome clean tone. Als keep in mind that mesa's will waste most of your life due to thet time it takes to find the sweetspot
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
But damn if they don't rule I think the Black stripe might be the one for him, but that's only if I remember my stripes correctly...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Mesa Mark IVs sell everday allmost on ebay between 1000 and 1500!
You can find Mark Vs for between 1300 and up to 2000 for sale on ebay too.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Edit of my previous post, but I finally found a "guide" to the Mark III stripes. Seems like Blue or Green stripe is the better option.

Stupid name.

I'll own one some day . I wish thay weren't as damn expensive and retardedly hadr to find here in holland. Took me ages to find myself a fully loaded mark III(i cried when one of my band members called and said he had found one for sale). I believe the black and red stripes are the one's that are closest to the C+. My green stripe is a tad more agressive.

to the TS: if you go for a mark III don't look at it as a 3 channel amp, that 3rd channel is pretty useless for most uses due to it's lacking volume controll. The lead channel is what will blow away all the hair on your balls once you get the master above 2.5
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
what voltage do you need?
Quote by Pedfoot
I'm on vocation in the USA , always changes cities and countries and can buy from the internet, and l want to check them first
and don't know where to buy used gears
and stores? LA/LV/ San diego??
http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/dot.html
Actually the blue and green have had the power section made to be more akin to the IIC+, with the green wired as Pentode instead of Triode. And it's been given a cleaner R1 and the Lead Channel was reshaped. If anything the latest models (blue and green) are close to the IIC+ because they were tailoring it to the desires of the consumer, who wanted the lead channel to be more like a IIC+.

Stupid name.

Just read through that same website after i posted and you are indeed correct. Never had the chance to check out different stripes due to the fact that finding a mark III is quest on it self. All i know is that i love my green stripe and i find the lead tone better than the mark IV. Still, the mark IV kicks the mark III's ass when it comes to versitility. If you want old skool metallica tones then mark III is definatly worth checking
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
How warm are the cleans on it?

Stupid name.

You can get some awsome warm clean tones from it if you want. The problem lies in that fact that all channels share the same eq knobs making it an absolute nightmare to get both an awsome high gain sound and a nice warm clean tone. Mine is set for an awsome a lead tone and the clean is ok but it can sound a lot better but than i'll have to compromise the lead tone which i don't want.
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
You're in the Los Angeles area right? I think Mesa/Boogie has a store in Hollywood or Petaluma. I've got a Mesa Rectoverb combo and love it; it's like having a Single Rectifier in combo amp form, and the cleans are great in addition to the awesome high gain sounds you can get from it. Oh, and check the local Guitar Center, they tend to have the out-of-production Mesa Mark Series amps for sale as well as the current amps. They've got a Mark III near my hometown in Houston, but that's a bit outta your way
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Quote by Shinozoku
How warm are the cleans on it?

Trey Anasatio has been using them recently and he's replaced his Fender Deluxe reverb with them, so i assume you can get a pretty nice warm clean tones.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by Sumlover41
i'd check out used Mark IIc+.

Sure, there's one on Harmony Central right now for $2800

I'd get a 2 Channel Dual Recto personally, just cause I've had massive GAS for one since I tried a blackface a few month back
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ok so i will be on September, exactly a month from now..
My voltage area deals with 220V but i can find here an appropriate transformer.
as for the local GC in las vegas, I'd tried thousand times to asked if the mark IV is still being sold there but the don't know or they keep saying it's out of production. i need to know for 100% if there's local stores in the cities i have mentioned that are selling the mark 4/3/5
and etc.....??
thanks
Quote by Pedfoot
as for the local GC in las vegas, I'd tried thousand times to asked if the mark IV is still being sold there but the don't know or they keep saying it's out of production. i need to know for 100% if there's local stores in the cities i have mentioned that are selling the mark 4/3/5
and etc.....??
thanks

The Mark IV and III are out of production. Some stores might still have a Mark IV in stock, or have a used IV or III, but neither amp is made anymore.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
the mark IV's and III's are out of production. Some shops might still have a mark IV if you're lucky. Best way to find the IV and the III is 2nd hand.
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
Quote by Pedfoot
and etc.....??
thanks

justt search the Craigslists of the city's you'll be visiting. i'm sure you can find at least one Mark III/IV between LV, LA and San Diego.

EDIT:
here's a Mark IV combo in San Diego - $1600
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/msg/1896289162.html

and two of Mark IIIs in LA

Blue stripe head - $1100
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/msg/1888939311.html

Green stripe combo - $650
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/msg/1899557471.html
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 15, 2010,
Thanks... ill think about it
but there's no local stores used gear deals?
Last edited by Pedfoot at Aug 16, 2010,
I've saw mesa boogies at shops brand new bro,not guitar center but at smaller shops u may have to call around

What about a JCM900 slx those are really high gain!
I wouldn't rule out ebay or gbase though man...I've bought a lot of my gear off the net....I bought my JCM800 off the net back in 97 for 450 bucks and it arrived safely and is still the best amp I've ever played,I've bought a few other amps off the net and they all arrived in perfect shape
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
But i've mentioned that i can't buy from the net...
can you mention the name of the stores you where talking about?
thanks!
Anyway( sorry for the late reply)...
I still wonder if i can get Pink Floyd/David Gilmour Sound from a Mesa Boogie Rectifier?
I know the Rectifiers are very Versatile unlike people just the opposite(...??)

Thanks!
Quote by Pedfoot
Anyway( sorry for the late reply)...
I still wonder if i can get Pink Floyd/David Gilmour Sound from a Mesa Boogie Rectifier?
I know the Rectifiers are very Versatile unlike people just the opposite(...??)

Thanks!

If you're just noodling around with those tones, then I'd say it'd be fine, but if that's the tone you're going for, then definitely do not get a Recto.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Well i was thinking about it,
and Mesa has a lot of amps not just Rectifier, lets say the Marks/Stiletto/Lonester/Kingroad and alot of
i'm thinking of the Marks, are they going to be fine? cause i really likes the Mark v dirst channel....
Quote by Pedfoot
and etc.....??
thanks

In Los Angeles? Hell, man! Just go to Sunset Blvd. and Vine and start walking west. You'll come across more guitar shops than you can hit in a day. I suspect you'll find just about anything under the sun in those places. Beware, though: they cater to people with big bucks. Guitar Center in Hollywood has one of the biggest collections of vintage gear that you're likely to find anywhere. Just bring money.

Good luck on your search, and if you visit L.A. in September, watch out for brush fires. "Tis the season, you know.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Tom 1.0
Na they dont sell any high gain heads in the US mate...

Though there are loads of Mesa for sale in Europe...

Seriously

For what you want a Mesa would be perfect and in your budget, an ENGL however is not.

Lolwut?

There are all sorts of engl's you can get for around there. Try looking for a Blackmore. Give it a try and see if you like it. Fireball as well.
MESA TRIPLE RECTIFIER HAS BEEN RERELEASED
/thread
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
If you're in LA, check out the Carvin V3. Also look into the Randall RM100.

EDIT: And of course the Engl Blackmore. How did I forget the Engl Blackmore? I ****ing love that amp.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Last edited by ibz_bucket at Aug 19, 2010,
Pls don't write Carvin and Mesa Boogie in the same sentence,
I played both and Mesa is way way way better (sorry for that) , IMO
Again, it's easey to write "check the Engl Blackmore..."
pls, write stores names??
and the triple rectifier is 150W, why do i need it?
thanks!
Last edited by Pedfoot at Aug 20, 2010,
Quote by Pedfoot

and the triple rectifier is 150W, why do i need it?
thanks!

tube amp... the louder you make it, the better it sounds!
plus with the mesa you'll never need a new amp for practices, gigs, w/e because it can get plenty loud and still sound great when turned low
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
But the 150W for homeuse is very loud! my ears will blow up for a second ...
Plus, i've seen Mesa has plenty of amps with switch verity watts( maybe called stepdown)
Page 1 of 2