Hey guys,
One of the strap buttons on one of my guitars is loose. I ve heard of the toothpick/matchstick + maybe glue fix, but i wanted to run it by you guys before i screw it up.

So, the screw and button are fine, but the wood is stripped and need to be fixed.

1)Do i just add a toothpick into the hole (to fill it up) and then screw the screw back in? No drilling or anything required?

2)What would be best, a toothpick or matchstick (cause they re made up of quite different woods)?

3)Do i use glue, and if i do, do i wait for it to dry BEFORE i put the screw back in, or let it dry with the screw in? If the screw IS in, does this permanently seal the screw in (i dont mind if it does, as long as it NEVER comes loose )?
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Just put a tooth pick into the hole and put the screw back in.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by walker-rose
Just put a tooth pick into the hole and put the screw back in.

Seriously? Is that a permanent fix? Do i just kind of screw into the toothpick so that it "spreads" over the stripped threads of the hole, giving the screw new grip or something?
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Seriously. What I've done is put the screw in so that its between the original hole and the toothpick.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
The way i was told to do it by a guitar tech i know is to use a toothpick and glue in the hole then screw the screw in and let it cure for a few days before you put a strap on it.
I glued mine back. Like that heavy duty shit that you have to mix, never had a problem since.