Definately very shitty quality. Basswood is trash, and usually any Jackson knock-offs are garbage...especially for that cheap
Quote by slobberface
Definately very shitty quality. Basswood is trash, and usually any Jackson knock-offs are garbage...especially for that cheap

I know basswood isn't trash. Alot of my favorite lead guitar players use it. I would be building this guitar for Eb tuning. I just want to know how playable the neck is, and if the whole thing would sound good. I would be putting dimarzios in it. Probably Evolution in the bridge, and Air Norton in the neck.
Quote by odian4
I know basswood isn't trash. Alot of my favorite lead guitar players use it. I would be building this guitar for Eb tuning. I just want to know how playable the neck is, and if the whole thing would sound good. I would be putting dimarzios in it. Probably Evolution in the bridge, and Air Norton in the neck.

Basswood is not trash. Just because some cheap guitars use it doesn't mean that. There are different grades. I like the out-front sound that it gives, lots of mids.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)