How is the tax, shipping, and handling rates and postage to England???

for a body bridge and other small parts (tuners etc)
Last edited by BKMC at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by BKMC
How is the tax, shipping, and handling rates and postage to England???

for a body bridge and other small parts (tuners etc)

Postage won't be cheap, but that is the least of your worries.

Import Duty, VAT etc will be what kills it.

Not thought about looking closer to home? WDMusic.co.uk and see my sig.

Of course, if you want to order from them, that is up to you. I have quite considerable experience when it comes to importing from The States and let me tell you, that marking things as "gifts" and all that crap that people will tell you, won't cut it these days...not as reliably as it had done in the past.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
They have a calculator on the sight just put the stuff you want in the "cart" then click in the top right on your "cart" and under where it displays your items it should have an box to enter your postal code to calulate how much.
Last edited by Painkiller_73 at Aug 15, 2010,
I didnt get charged VAT customs or anything when i got a pup shipped over ($35), but it depends on what the total value is and how big the package is on weather theyd take much notice or not.

If you just ask GFS to mark the value down to like $25 im sure theyd comply, youd avoid charges then, they wont bother if its under $30. But you wont really be able to claim if it gets damaged in shipping.

Ordering from GFS works out cheaper than ordering from UK parts sites.
Let's see:

The transport by air mail is $10-20, depending on how many products you order.
The customs for musical instrument parts in the EU is something like 3-4% (it varies from country to country of course, but should be a negligible amount)
And then you have to pay the tax per added value thing, I don't think you can escape that.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Let's see:

The transport by air mail is $10-20, depending on how many products you order.
The customs for musical instrument parts in the EU is something like 3-4% (it varies from country to country of course, but should be a negligible amount)
And then you have to pay the tax per added value thing, I don't think you can escape that.

He wants a body etc. Large and fairly heavy.

International, expedited shipping isn't cheap.

Customs will charge what they like, if it isn't declared exactly what is in the package and a "Specific Item Code" is added. This could be 10%.

Duty is paid on the Declared value of the items (and if they think the declared value is fishy, they will hold it until they are sure) plus the shipping cost.

Then VAT is added on to that total.

The, assuming it is Parcel Force who deliver it this side, will charge £13 handling fee on top of that.

Say he spends $150 including shipping.

£96 plus maybe 8% is £103.68

Plus the VAT is £121.84 plus £13 handling charge.

As for cost effectiveness, that depends on the quality of the items.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Sorry for the thread hijack.

On the subject of guitar fetish. I am in the market for some new hardware and I was looking at the bridges and tuners from Guitar Fetish versus the ones from Allparts. In particular, the Tuneomatic bridges on Allparts were priced from like $40 to $120 dollars when they were only like $14 on Guitar Fetish. What kind of quality difference am i looking at between the $14, the $40 and the $120 dollar bridges? Looks? Function? Durability? I would appreciate any answers from experienced buyers that have used any of them. Thanks in advance for any help.