I search barred; only found small threads.

So, I'm sure the Pit goes to the dentist every once in a while, so share your stories, good, bad, or weird, that involve the dentist, or oral surgery.

So, I'm high on vicodin, excuse the ranting.
I got my wisdom teeth taken out Wednesday, I had five of them, and my mouth is still in extreme pain from the surgery. I was given steroids to help with swelling, so my face is only slightly puffed out, given penicillin and 7.5mg/750mg Vidocin for the pain, which I only have five left.
I woke up in the middle of the night last night bawling because my mouth was in so much pain, and I did not take a vicodin because, shit, I wasn't going to waste a vicodin so I could get back to sleep, so I took give 20mg advil, which took the edge off, and after two hours of holding ice to my face, shoving ice cream in my mouth, and crying on the floor of my kitchen, I finally fell back asleep.
My boyfriend who got his wisdom teeth out the same day I did (half an hour later) is doing loades better than I am, he's not even in pain, and he's been eating solid-er foods, while I'm stuck eating cottage cheese (gross), and wonton soup.

And my first day of senior year is tomorrow.
Now I'm
Quote by 727Helena
My boyfriend who got his wisdom teeth out the same day I did (half an hour later) is doing loades better than I am, he's not even in pain, and he's been eating solid-er foods, while I'm stuck eating cottage cheese (gross), and wonton soup.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Well, I am 19 and threw off my surgery to obtain 2 prescriptions of Vicodin. Boy oh boy was that dumb, I now have no infection but outrageous jaw and mouth pain occasionally, and I only made $100ish dollars. Now that I lack Dental Insurance, the surgery of 4 compacted wisdoms, with 2 extra teeth, making 6 total, will cost about $3600. Just relax and control the pain, you are in store for some good (dental-wise). You aren't dug too deep just yet.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
^^

I saw that yesterday. Thanks for the lol

edit: to Got Guitar?
Now I'm
Last edited by 727Helena at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by Got Guitar?

That's great! Someone bump that thread!
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I've had 2 root canals, at first i thought it would hurt, but they didn't. also i broke my front tooth and got it rebuilt, since them i have broken and had it rebuilt 3 times.
GENERIC SIGNATURE
Quote by dylan08
I've had 2 root canals, at first i thought it would hurt, but they didn't. also i broke my front tooth and got it rebuilt, since them i have broken and had it rebuilt 3 times.

Ooh. D: How did it break? Like four times?
Now I'm
I just got one of my wisdom teeth taken out last week. Advice: Don't get put it. It's a lot easier. The dentist told me that he thinks I should be put out since he had to go through extra bone, and then after he had to cut away the gums around another tooth, but I insisted that i wanted to be awake. it was worth it. its weird hearing the drill go through your mouth, and the ripping sounds, but its a lot quicker.
Rockabilly rules, Okay?
Quote by 727Helena
Ooh. D: How did it break? Like four times?

first time i fell off a chair, second i was hit in the face with a hockey stick, third i was eating frozen chocolate, and fourth i bit into a lolipop
GENERIC SIGNATURE
I had my 4 wisdom teeth taken out the day after my final HSC exam last year. I didn't have too many problems with it. After the first two nights though I woke up to find my pillow/face covered in blood. I looked a bit like a crime scene.
I had to get some fillings done, and the freezing they put in didn't take, so they put another two into me. They still didn't take, and they weren't able to put any more into me, so I had to get like four fillings done without any freezing.
I am lucky; my worst problem has been Calculus, and that's not bad at all.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found