Are there any programs like reason that take up less space on my computer and are easier to use (not that reason is hard, its just I have enough trouble with my computer as it is). I just want something that i can record bass and guitar and do drum loops to get ideas down, and input a midi device for other things
Well... DAWs take up a lot of space no matter what the program. Ableton Live Lite covers all the aspects you just mentioned, but I'm not sure about its size and ram requirements.
I don't think you're going to find a "smaller" DAW, exactly. How do you not have space, anyway? Shouldn't be any more than 5GB, most people have at least 180GB HDD's and probably a minimum of 20GB free, if you don't have space, get rid of stuff you don't need, which you probably have a lot of considering you don't have enough space for a DAW.

For simplicity, I'm not sure. I've grown to like Pro Tools, but I'm not sure what hardware you need for it. So I'd recommend Reaper.
you know you cant record audio in reason
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Hey Derrikb. WizMyster is right about disk space, no matter the program it is going to be a little bit of room do to the nature of the program. Which program you use is a matter of taste, I tried Reason and Ableton both and found that for live Ableton is really the best beat making software. The flexibility of the program is crucial.
If you just wanted something for recording ProTools is industry standard but a little pricey and probably more hard drive space. What program you use really depends on how you want to use it. For simple recording you could run Garage Band straight out of the box. Just depends on how deep you want to go with it!