Page 1 of 2
So, to make this short.

my friend needed a place to crash, and this guy he knew offered him a place to sleep, in return for jtaging his xbox, which my friend did. Now the guy is saying he can't leave until he pays him $40.

I think that's completely messed, and I'm sure that's highly illegal, but i don't know. What do you guys think of it?
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
its basically jailbreaking an Iphone. except on the xbox.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
What's the issue? Just leave. If this guy makes something of it, call the cozzers.
Quote by smb
What's the issue? Just leave. If this guy makes something of it, call the cozzers.

Thats what I said, but my friend is a bit afraid, but dudes a bit of a loony, so my friend learned.

I even offered a ride for him.
You belong in a museum.

Err yeah, I wouldn't pay him a penny, that's bullshit. Tell him to man up and leave. If he forcibly keeps the guy there then that surely falls under abduction or something?

EDIT: Wait. How long did he stay with this guy for? Like a night? Or did he live there for a while...?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
that seems like he is holding him hostage or something.

just tell your friend to leave and if he gives him any shit either calls the cops or beat his ass.

that or wait till the guy is go out of the house and then just leave.
Kinda think Joe dirt on this, minus lotion, and baskets. I hope.
You belong in a museum.

do you have the address?

if so, why don't you call the police? tell them your friend is being held against his will.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by asator
Answer my last question, it's important.

Even if he stayed for a while they had an agreement. He never asked him to pay at the start. It's not cool to demand money from the guy when he's about to leave. Plus he has no legal right to be demanding money from him.
just for a night. he's friends with the guys Girlfriend, who wanted to meet him, (visiting from new hampshire) and she forced her boyfriend to let him stay there for a Night.
You belong in a museum.

Quote by Pat_s1t
Why can't he just leave? Is he tied up? Injured? What?

Its more of my friend dosent want to leave cause he feels its wrong to not pay, and if he left the dudes a complete freak.

^^ the reason he stayed at his place was because he has no money.
You belong in a museum.

Actually no, don't pay him. He should tell the guy to get ****ed and then leave with his self-respect intact, and hopefully his legs too
It's easy. I'll give you a 3 step guide to escaping that mans house of rape.

1.) Walk out of the house. With your stuff.
2.) ?????
3.) That's all you really need.

Quote by SilverSpurs616
It's $40, just pay and leave

F*ck no. If I did a favor for him, and he offered me a favor in return, I'm not paying him shit.

Seriously, just walk out. If he says anything, a f*ck you and a restraining order/something similar would solve this.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by daytripper75
Even if he stayed for a while they had an agreement. He never asked him to pay at the start. It's not cool to demand money from the guy when he's about to leave. Plus he has no legal right to be demanding money from him.

Well yeah, but it would be slightly more reasonable if he'd just asked for some cash to cover money for food and stuff. I mean I personally wouldn't ask for it, but it would be more understandable. Since it was just a night though, that is fucked up. Leave, or police. Now.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by SilverSpurs616
It's $40, just pay and leave

...What?

Just tell your friend to leave. That or phone the rozzers and say he's holding him against his will.

...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Yeah thanks for the input, I'm close to calling the police, there just not the nicest people to work with, it seems easyer to just convince my friend to leave.
You belong in a museum.

There should be nothing that can hold him against his will to leave. If there is, THAT is the illegal part.

You have 3 options:

1. Cops
2. Leave dumbass
3. Take it to Judge Judy
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by SilverSpurs616
sooo...how much of a loony is this guy, exactly?

takes ecstasy like advil
conpensates for lack of penis/friends
is a huge dick.
You belong in a museum.

Quote by SilverSpurs616
sooo...how much of a loony is this guy, exactly?

Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
I hate all of you saying "just leave." You guys have obviously never met crazy people. But yeah, if he really can't leave and the guy has mental problems, you should call the cops or at least go to the house and wait outside and just tell him to try to get out.

EDIT: Well, nevermind. If he's taking a bunch of ecstasy, I doubt he's going to do anything I thought he meant crazy like a paranoid schizo or something.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Last edited by meta1militia at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by meta1militia
I hate all of you saying "just leave." You guys have obviously never met crazy people. But yeah, if he really can't leave and the guy has mental problems, you should call the cops or at least go to the house and wait outside and just tell him to try to get out.

EDIT: Well, nevermind. If he's taking a bunch of ecstasy, I doubt he's going to do anything I thought he meant crazy like a paranoid schizo or something.

its the ecstasy that makes him unstable. confilts with meds he takes that I don't know of.
You belong in a museum.

Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by SilverSpurs616
Thing with going to the cops, will your friend get in trouble for doing that thing with the guys xbox?

Yeah I'm hesitant on that.. but I think that's trumped by ransom.

The guys leaving at 6, and my friend plans to make his escape then but I feel so bad for having him stuck there for 5 hours.
You belong in a museum.

Quote by Sinister Waffle
Yeah I'm hesitant on that.. but I think that's trumped by ransom.

The guys leaving at 6, and my friend plans to make his escape then but I feel so bad for having him stuck there for 5 hours.

Call the cops at 5:30. That way he won't get to go and this whole thing gets cleared up.
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
He can't do that. All terms have to be agreed before the "transaction" takes place for it to be a legit contract.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Wait... so why'd he stay there in the first place if you knew he was a crazy pill-popping weirdo? 0.o

I knew he was, my friend didn't.He didn't consult me about the guy either.

the convo went like this:

"dude, this guy is forcing me to stay at his house"

"wait, what?"

" he let me crash here, but he says I have to pay him $40 and I have no money"

"who?"

"***************"

"are you insane? that guy's a ****ing loony"

" I didn't know at the time."
You belong in a museum.

Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Aug 15, 2010,
He could just stay until his balls drop.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
its the ecstasy that makes him unstable. confilts with meds he takes that I don't know of.

ah. well, i gotta say, your friend shouldn't stay with people he doesn't know that well. Couldn't your friend have slept in someones car or something for free? Or if he has parents, just stay there for a night? It beats staying with someone you don't know.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
The guy wants $40 for one night? What an ass. He already did a favor for the guy. It sounds like the dude is short on cash and is trying to get some money from your friend.

Your friend shouldn't feel bad at all if he just leaves. $40 is ridiculous if he only stayed one night at their place. Plus he's friends with the girl. I could understand if he stayed for a week and the guy asked for $40, but not for one night. It isn't even like he inconvenienced the guy in any way.

I'd let almost anyone crash for a night or two at my house. Maybe not if I didn't know them at all, but if someone I was living with knew them I'd be ok with it. Obviously I wouldn't ask them for any money. I don't mind helping someone out that it's a bad situation or short on cash. I understand that situations like that happen.
Page 1 of 2