im buying a cab and a head in a few weeks and they are 200watt and 100watts respectively. now im a total noob when it comes to cabs and heads so i need to know what the watt differences will do and schtuff. and thanks for the help
It doesn't really matter, as long as the head has less wattage than the cab. Other than that, you really just wanna pay attention to Ohms.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Right. The cab can handle 200 watts while the head can put out 100 watts? You're fine. Just make sure the resistance (ohms) match up or the power ratings will get thrown off and you could possibly blow your amp up.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Quote by NosralTserrof
It doesn't really matter, as long as the head has less wattage than the cab. Other than that, you really just wanna pay attention to Ohms.
That's actually not always true since a cranked tube amp can actually put out more wattage than what it is rated for. The wattage rating is just headroom. For this reason, you usually want to have at least 20 or 30 extra watts on the cab, preferably more if speaker overdrive isn't your thing. In the TS's case, he'll be fine though.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
just a quick question
what head and cab you are buying??
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
^ I would probably avoid buying both of those.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Theres an issue that no one has mentioned yet.

Why has the OP planned on buying something without doing any research at all?
Do you even need a halfstack OP?
With the MG, if youve been on UG for at least a week youll find out that the MGs are shit.
^ It's not an MG, it's a Kustom. (though a cheap one)
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
My bad then, looking at it, I thought he accidentally typed K instead of M.
Regardless. My two other points stand.
so KGs are shit to? alright then i'll just save some more and buy something else