Awesome :

Court is no laughing matter as far as one North Carolina judge is concerned. A Fayetteville man who was waiting for his case to be heard Friday drew the ire of Judge Toni King after starting to laugh in a Cumberland County courtroom. Authorities said King asked 47-year-old Johnny Montgomery why he was laughing, but the man refused to say.
King ordered Montgomery to jail on a misdemeanor charge.

I guess it wasn't a laughing matter.
Contempt of court. If you're doing anything that a judge doesn't like in his courtroom, he can throw you in jail for a night or two (might be more, idk).
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Pfffft sentances like that are a complete joke.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
You laugh you lose?
Quote by toxicity33
"the thing about pies is that they have a crusty outer shell, but with a sweet gooey inside, not unlike turtles."
Pfffft sentances like that are a complete joke.
I know, pun intended, but did you click the link and read ahead? He had cocaine on him.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Um...I don't think that contempt of court is meant to be abused like that...

Agreed, thats just get his juding panties in a knot.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Um...I don't think that contempt of court is meant to be abused like that...

He was interrupting the court, and didn't stop the judge told him to stop, sounds acceptable to me.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Seriously? For laughing? That's laughable..
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Maglun
I know, pun intended, but did you click the link and read ahead? He had cocaine on him.

As if I read the OP

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Wow, epic selective quoting TS!

King ordered Montgomery to jail on a misdemeanor charge. As deputies were preparing to take Montgomery to jail, they searched him and found more than 3 grams of crack cocaine. Montgomery was charged with felony drug possession. Authorities said he was being processed Friday evening and does not yet have a court date nor an attorney.
Quote by MadClownDisease
Wow, epic selective quoting TS!

same to you. if you read the quotes you just posted it said they were already taking him to jail for laughing, they found the crack afterwards.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Damnit beaten to it, yea smoking crack is a pretty legit reason to laugh in court. Having 3 grams in court may not have been an awesome idea however.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
kind of stupid for taking him in for laughing. maybe he thought of a dirty joke that he felt innappropriate to share with the courtroom. but anyway they found drugs (probably why he was laughing), so good thing they did sentence him
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
I don't see how it's a good thing they arrested him. It's not really the government business what goes in your body. That's not to say smoking crack or taking such a large amount into a courthouse was a smart decision though.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
Quote by lordoflossarnac
You laugh you lose?

I guess I lose because I lul'd hard lol
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Don't you find it funny how some people appear to abuse their power?
This will start a RIOT! in me
Omfg, I would be so screwed by that rule. I laugh at the WORST times. Not at nothing though, or even at anyone. I just have very bad timing on when I remember funny things..

Oh god, then I would start laughing more realizing my unfortunate situation and..well... It just wouldnt be a good time for me
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|