This would probably be more appropriate on Livejournal or something, but eh.

Well, most of my best friends all moved into their dorms to start their freshman year at college this weekend. A few went to the same college, but they have been largely spread to the four winds. I'm one semester behind them (technically a year, but I'm graduating high school early). Tomorrow starts my senior year (well, senior semester, I'll be in college come Spring semester). My friends were the only good thing about my school; I absolutely hate it there.

I'm happy for them getting to move on and start new lives, but I am ridiculously scared that I'll be forgotten by my best friends, what with all the magic that is in college. I'm worried that there's no room for ole' Tom in college life, that he was a novelty reserved for high school. Now, my friends have assured me otherwise, but I've always been a naturally pessimistic person.

Tl;dr: my friends= , me=

I'm certain at least some of you guys have gone through this. How did you cope?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
it's the reverse for me, I'm moving out and most of my friends are staying on at school for another year I have 3 weeks to kill once school goes back this Tuesday before I move though, which is gonna suck.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I've seen about 15 people from high school since I graduated in June. Those are pretty much the only ones I'd really want to see anyway
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
If your friends are worth anything they won't lose touch with you. The good ones always stick around.
He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages
Yup same position. Everyone's saying how they can't wait to get away and go to uni. Leaving me here on my todd. Not funny.
I left my home town after school to move to Berlin to become an animator.

I have not looked back since. I really didn't like anyone in high school, and the few people I DID like, I'm still in touch with.

If a friendship is strong enough, then distance doesn't matter
I finished four years at uni and have one more quarter left. Almost all but a couple of people that I was friends with have graduated and left. I guess I have to make some new friends in a few weeks.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I'm sure I'll still talk to them (texting, Skype, etc.), and I guess we'll hang out when they're home for the holidays, but that's definitely no proxy for seeing them every day, ya know?

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Dey all be gone and forgotten. That's life.

Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
This would probably be more appropriate on Livejournal or something, but eh.

Well, most of my best friends all moved into their dorms to start their freshman year at college this weekend. A few went to the same college, but they have been largely spread to the four winds. I'm one semester behind them (technically a year, but I'm graduating high school early). Tomorrow starts my senior year (well, senior semester, I'll be in college come Spring semester). My friends were the only good thing about my school; I absolutely hate it there.

I'm happy for them getting to move on and start new lives, but I am ridiculously scared that I'll be forgotten by my best friends, what with all the magic that is in college. I'm worried that there's no room for ole' Tom in college life, that he was a novelty reserved for high school. Now, my friends have assured me otherwise, but I've always been a naturally pessimistic person.

Tl;dr: my friends= , me=

I'm certain at least some of you guys have gone through this. How did you cope?

That's more of a movie thing.
Quote by damian_91
Dey all be gone and forgotten. That's life.

^wisdom.
He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages
i don't really have any friends. i don't say that out of pity. i have like maybe four really good friends. but only one lives near me. and i talk to the other ones frequently enough. a few times a month usually.

some people are wired to be more social; some are more introverted. i'm the latter. i don't have much of a social life, but i don't care. a lot of social situations make me anxious.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Aug 15, 2010,
Since I graduated, I haven't seen a single one of my old classmates. Well, sober at least.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Use Skype. That's how I stay in touch with friends who aren't sitting right next to me. It's a good system
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
My friends still meet up during the breaks. However, I think that will change in subsequent years, as people will be doing internships and stuff over their holidays, rather than visiting their friends and families.

I remember the first time we met up again since we started uni, everyone was talking about how boring it was to be home and how they want to go back.

I don't like uni life very much, and I have very few friends there, but everyone else seems to be having the time of their life.
If there your true friends they'll stay in touch. If they are as good as you say they are don't worry man. And if worse comes to worse call them yourself instead of waiting around, I'm sure they'll be glad to hear from you.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
I'm in a related boat; I'm going off to college right now at the same time as most of my friends. I feel fairly confident, though, that we'll stay in touch throughout this upcoming semester. Try to find something you can do with them; my friends and I all play Starcraft 2 so we'll still play together.
You'll make new friends. I no longer talk to best friends from High school. My only friends are co-workers and some friends from college.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
i've graduated from uni, and i've no one to talk to.
yes, i have a few friends, but they've all moved to different cities.
unemployment doesn't exactly help either.
My friends and I are preparing for this to happen, so we all bought Battlefield: Bad Company 2 as a way to keep touch.
It's pretty easy these days to keep touch... we've got telephones, facebook, msn... As long as you make an effort, you won't lose touch with anyone you care about.
It's been about a year now, and I can safely say I've lost nearly everyone, which now could probably include my best friend of about 13-ish years. I'm not in the area anymore, and everyone kinda just started living their own lives. I didn't really do anything specific to cope with it. It's easy to stay in touch, sure, but no one really wants to. I just... got over it.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
I may just be whining too much, but... we're a pretty tight-knit group. I mean, we're like the friends from Friends.

Quote by John Frusciante