Hello all,

I have a schecter 006 Elite and i have a SD AHB1 Blackout Humbucker in the bridge. I play Death metal down tuned metal. Its a nice Hum but I am looking for a hotter Hum.

My questions are this.

Is there an active pickup that is hotter that isnt super bright? (SD ar any manufacturer)

What is the difference between AHB1 - AHB2 - ABH3 (which i heard is pretty bright)

And is there any charts with output and tone info

Thank you for your time
You could try some EMGs.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
You have an active pickup.. but you want more output? And with the EMG's you might lose some tone if you dont go with the X series... i dunno, thats just what i hear. And as always, my obligatory comment: get a lundgren m6.

haha
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Quote by espplayer400
You have an active pickup.. but you want more output? And with the EMG's you might lose some tone if you dont go with the X series... i dunno, thats just what i hear. And as always, my obligatory comment: get a lundgren m6.

haha

lundgren=amazing

have them on my v
make me jizz every time o.O
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
Quote by Solarstar101
lundgren=amazing

have them on my v
make me jizz every time o.O

im incredibly jealous. id have them in all of my guitars if i had the money...
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Quote by espplayer400
im incredibly jealous. id have them in all of my guitars if i had the money...

just get a job until the second paycheck then leave
thats what i did lol >.<

it was hell cuz i had to work in a prom store -.-
completely sucked
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
I am playing through a peavey 212 trans tube special with sheffield speakers with a 212 box loaded with celestion v30s.

I use a landmine ld1 distortion with an mxr 108e.q. and a BBE sonic stomp.

The schecter sounds brutal and please dont say get a new amp i am a stomp box geek and i like the peavey.
AND ON THE 7TH DAY GOD CREATED METAL!!!!!!
What does the schecter have in it?

Generally speaking actives don't sound that good through solid state amps. Maybe you'd be better getting some good passives instead?
You can argue all you want, but the problem here is your amp.

Putting super hot humbuckers into your guitar and then running through a transtube isn't going to do much for you. That's just the way these things work.

A lot of early death metal was recorded through distortion pedals going into solid state cleans, you could try that. Pick up something like the boss HM2, Digitech TL2 or barber dirty bomb.

edit: Also, those sheffields aren't the best. I would do a speaker swap before putting more effort into pickup changes.
Last edited by denied at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by metalguy101
The schecter sounds brutal and please dont say get a new amp i am a stomp box geek and i like the peavey.

Sorry, but - get a new amp.

If you're not satisfied with your sound with that setup, swapping out your pickups is not going to do much, if anything. It'd just be a waste of money.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^this

Quote by metalguy101
I am playing through a peavey 212 trans tube special with sheffield speakers with a 212 box loaded with celestion v30s.

Well, Blackout are about the highest output pickups you can get, besides the Livewires, wich had a stupid smount of output.

A new amp might be a step in the right direction, though.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
i have played this setup through a blue voodoo head and cab and and it sounds like junk. also played through my herbert head and it sounds great but im not a big tube amp guy. I was never really into them i like the ability to switch out fx and distortions on the fly as i play with 3 other people in 3 different styles of music
denied this isnt about what amp is use read the original question. Its a question about the tone difference in high output active pickups.

This is also not what is better tube or solid state you like tube heads i like solid state its that simple i will agree to disagree on the amps. but you are right about the BV it is junk.
Quote by metalguy101
denied this isnt about what amp is use read the original question. Its a question about the tone difference in high output active pickups.

This is also not what is better tube or solid state you like tube heads i like solid state its that simple i will agree to disagree on the amps. but you are right about the BV it is junk.

regardless of what you think, a better amp WILL improve your tone a helluvalot more than a pickup swap will.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
What do you feel your tone is lacking? Output is surely not the issue here.
Quote by metalguy101

lol. Alright buddy. I used actives with solid states for years before I figured out whats up.

By all means, go ahead and keep your amp. But hotter pickups will not help you.
What i'd like to know is he says his schecter smokes through his setup. What pickups does that one have? Common sense...
Quote by metalguy101
i have played this setup through a blue voodoo head and cab and and it sounds like junk. also played through my herbert head and it sounds great but im not a big tube amp guy. I was never really into them i like the ability to switch out fx and distortions on the fly as i play with 3 other people in 3 different styles of music

First of all, why the hell wouldn't be able to switch out effects and distortions on the fly with a tube amp?

Second of all, you have a Diezel Herbert and you prefer a Peavey Trans-Tube? BULLSHIT!! Either you're lying out your ass, or this is a horrible, horrible attempt at a troll thread.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by metalguy101
Hello all,

I have a schecter 006 Elite and i have a SD AHB1 Blackout Humbucker in the bridge. I play Death metal down tuned metal. Its a nice Hum but I am looking for a hotter Hum.

My questions are this.

Is there an active pickup that is hotter that isnt super bright? (SD ar any manufacturer)

What is the difference between AHB1 - AHB2 - ABH3 (which i heard is pretty bright)

And is there any charts with output and tone info

Thank you for your time

This in not a question about tone it is a simple question about the difference between the three above humbuckers. man is it that hard to understand? I really dread getting old BUDDY!!!
Seriously, get a new amp. The Transtube isn't even good for a solid state amp, it's just cheap.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
First off matrix claw im not a liar i said that the schecter sounds great through the herbert and second of all i also said i play with 3 other people that play 3 different styles of music. Its a F#(& of a lot easier to move the peavey than run a head and a 4x12 cab up the basement steps and then back down after i am done playing. leave the peavey in the back of the suv and if it gets stolen then no biggie a lot cheaper to replace than the herbert. would i choose the peavey over the herbert hell no its about being easier to transport and if i drop the herbert im screwed if i drop the peavey its no big deal.

And yes i know i can switch out fx on both amps but that wasnt the question. its like you cant focus on a question and it seems this get a new amp response is a generic response on any thread that has to do with anyone asking about anything.

Maybe people like what they like and what you like is different so be it but dont call someone a liar just because there idea differs from yours.
New pickups won't make much of a difference with the TransTube, though.

If you like how the Herbert sounds why not get another cab and leave it at your practice space?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by metalguy101

Completely honestly, the landmine is the single worst sounding pedal I've ever heard in my entire life. Not trying to rip on you bud, but me and everybody who works at the local shop agree that there's nothing quite like it.

I'd get rid of that thing before you ditch your pickups. It's definitely your biggest problem.

Edit: Wtf herbert? I call bullshit. This thread is worthless without pics. I demand a picture of you sitting on top of your herbert with the transtube balanced on your head. I'll sit down and shut up when this pic occurs.

To answer the question (I think) the only pickups you're gonna find that are higher output are probably a DiMarzio X2N, a Bareknuckle Warpig and possibly a Dimebucker. That's about it. The 3 different Blackouts are going to end up sounding similar for the most part.
Last edited by enselmis at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by metalguy101
And yes i know i can switch out fx on both amps but that wasnt the question. its like you cant focus on a question and it seems this get a new amp response is a generic response on any thread that has to do with anyone asking about anything.

It's not a generic response, it's a reasonable solution to the question you asked, ultimately wanting a hotter sound. seeing as your pickups are already hot, the slight gain you might get in signal strength from getting a different version of a humbucker you already have would pale in comparison to the benfeit of buying a new amp.

I also call bullshit on the Herbert. If I had a Herbert, I wouldn't even be wasting time with a peavey SS amp. I'd take every f*cking chance I had to play it, regardless of how inconvenient it is to move around. afraid of it getting stolen or dropping it? don't be an idiot. case closed.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
actually im on ebay now bidding on a 4x12 to do just that.

And to denied and matrix claw(and whoever i may have pissed off) i apologize if i came off a little like a jerk. I just have a thing about being called a liar. but no harm no foul.

I also realized after talking to my wife about this thread that you guys have (most i am guessing) have been playing a lot longer than i have and have a been there done that opinion and i can respect that.

She was right i was taking constructive advice from people who have been there and done that and learned from it as me being criticized for my ability to use quality equipment.
so if you will please excuse me i am getting ready to eat a piece of humble pie.