Wish me luck. Heading out to guitar center with an old cheap amp to get the 15% trade-in/up discount.

Gonna checkout whatever Seagulls they have and the Yamahas.

PEACE>
Last edited by silver8ack at Aug 15, 2010,
Hmmm...Place your bets people. Lol.

I say he's going to come back with a black APX500.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
How much did you wager?

I came back with a Seagull S6 Original. Brand new out of the box. Action is a bit high right now, but I like to strum hard anyway sometimes. I will get it setup soon. I want to put 13s on it anyway.

So, I'm looking around and walked around at least 2 times before I finally spotted the S6. It was in a corner just chilling. And get this.... it was marked down. WOOT. Priced at $379. So I played it, and a few other guitars, but I really liked the S6. Even though I really don't fingerpick much now, I know I will more in the futre. But I actually play much cleaner on the fatter neck so far. I love it.

So anyway, and employee sees me playing it and looks it up in the computer. He says, the comp says we have 2 so I'll see if we have a brand new one... and they did. He brought it out and cut the tape on the box in front of me. I played it and loved it.

Now the best part... I traded in a Fender frontman amp(you know, the ones you get in a value pack with fender squires) so I got 15% off. They gave me $10 for the amp(I just wanted the 15% anyway. So with tax, I got a brand new S6 for $334 out the door. I'm stoked.

Pics to follow soon.
congrats on scoring a great guitar, and on getting a deal! i loved my s6, one of my all time favorite dreads

and congrats on not getting APX500 - you got a MUCH better guitar
Last edited by patticake at Aug 15, 2010,
It's a beautiful guitar. Surprised they didn't set it up before you left though. Pictures?
Hydroxic acid, kills thousands of people every year. Studies have shown lakes and rivers all over North America contain high levels hydroxic acid. Currently governments have taken no action against this life threatening chemical.
s6 was my second bet, nice one.

Congrats.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Sorry, only have my iphone. Don't feel like busting out the DSLR.

Regarding the setup... I had my wife and 9 month old with me... The baby was getting cranky