Next year, me and a few mates all turn 18, and to celebrate that we were thinking of going on a epic road trip before returning and starting our first year at uni.

We were thinking of going to Germany, mainly due to the legendary beer festivals. We will be travelling around this time next year, so I guess Oktoberfest is out of the question, but is there any other major festivals/great road trip destinations in Europe we should consider?

What would you do on a road trip? Or if you've been on one, do you have any advice

Also, feel free to share your road trip experiences with other here in the thread.

P.S I did search, and was admittedly surprised not to find anything, but as I didn't, I made this anyway.
Me and my friends are going on a road trip to Ohio after we graduate high school to go visit one of our best friends who moved there.

Shit will be so cash.
As soon as I get my own car (which won't be for a few years yet) I'm gonna go on a cross-country road trip with either a few friends or a gf. I'm gonna go from PEI to Glacier Bay.
MATTERHORN
just finished going to texas to visit my buddy who is in the Air Force,

just a tip, if you wanna get somewhere on time dont party along the way, should be common sense but sometimes you wind up getting caught in some shit
I think you have to have held your licence for a certain amount of time if you want to drive to Europe and being 18 you couldn't of done that.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Me and my best friend are planning a cross country road trip to california next summer, if he can get the time off from the Marines.
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Quote by Bastard Son
I think you have to have held your licence for a certain amount of time if you want to drive to Europe and being 18 you couldn't of done that.

The driver will have had his license since September this year. Anyone know what the amount of time is? We'd better find that out :S
My friends and I all planned something like this too.

You know what happened? Some of us moved away, others got into the military or tied up in jobs, and some just drifted away slowly. By the time we all graduated we'd been torn apart and jammed back together by life so many times that no one had any idea what to do, so we've all been getting drunk since the day we graduated.

Now everyone's leaving for college, probably never to hang out again. All the good times have been had, responsibility is kicking in and life is never as beautiful as it seems in our plans.

Good luck though.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I'm not totally sure what the rules are so don't quote me on it, but I definatly know you have to tell your insurance.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Way to inject real life into our naive teenage dreams

But hopefully, it will be one last big thing in the summer break between us leaving school and joining uni, so we will still be quite close, at least physically at the time.

^ Cheers for the tip, we'll look into it.
Me and two of my friends are planning a post-graduation road trip in an early 80s RV.

Shit will be SO cash.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
After college which is done in 2 years, or maybe even next summer, me and a few mates are trying to make a cross-country trip to Cali then hit Vegas New Orleans and Florida on the way back, probably in about 3 weeks.

We just started talkin bout this last night actually.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
In my opinion, Road tripping at that age, especially in Europe, is a bit out of the question.

Your driver is 18, inexperienced (no matter how good a driver everyone thinks he is, at 18, he is inexperienced), and will have to drive on the other side of the road, deal with foreign language traffic signs, and will be tired. Also, i dont know if his insurance will cover it. As well, a typical car driven by an 18y/o, most likely isn't reliable enough, nor big enough to be comfortable in that kind of a situation. Although, I dont know what car you are driving, so i cant tell. Also, to the best of my knowledge you have to be 21 to rent a car.

Having a car all the time, when there is drinking involved is hassle. Parking it, mindind it, paying for petrol, i reckon you would be far better off going interrailing
Mega Pro Tip: Take gas money with you.

But yeah, I plan on taking a road trip next year too, if I don't end up going to another country. I went on a lot of trips this year, so next year shouldn't be any different. Although there really isn't anywhere that I want to visit... California is too expensive. Maybe Mexico or Canada? Shit will be SO CASH
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
You should consider Roskilde in Denmark, a week long music festival that I think is in early July.
ITT: Shit will be so cash
Quote by jimmy_neutron
In my opinion, Road tripping at that age, especially in Europe, is a bit out of the question.

Your driver is 18, inexperienced (no matter how good a driver everyone thinks he is, at 18, he is inexperienced), and will have to drive on the other side of the road, deal with foreign language traffic signs, and will be tired. Also, i dont know if his insurance will cover it. As well, a typical car driven by an 18y/o, most likely isn't reliable enough, nor big enough to be comfortable in that kind of a situation. Although, I dont know what car you are driving, so i cant tell. Also, to the best of my knowledge you have to be 21 to rent a car.

Having a car all the time, when there is drinking involved is hassle. Parking it, mindind it, paying for petrol, i reckon you would be far better off going interrailing

All this is very true, but we won't get another chance. We will all go our separate ways to various universities across the country. All common sense aside, you only live once.

But thanks for the advice. Also, this is only in the first stage of planning really. It is reasonably likely that it won't happen, we just want to give it a shot.
Quote by Mumbo Jumbo
You should consider Roskilde in Denmark, a week long music festival that I think is in early July.

I looked that up, and that looks like a great idea
Quote by benonbass1
All this is very true, but we won't get another chance. We will all go our separate ways to various universities across the country. All common sense aside, you only live once.

But thanks for the advice. Also, this is only in the first stage of planning really. It is reasonably likely that it won't happen, we just want to give it a shot.

I get what you mean. I have been interrailing, and i can honestly say that it was the most fun i ever had. Train journeys included. The fun we had nearly missing trains and meeting new people in the compartments and everything is something you wont get in car. Plus, on a train, you dont need to worry about being over the limit the next day, where to park, running out of petrol all that jazz. Plus the interrail ticket is pretty extensive, and the european train system is top notch.
My friends have tried to get me on a road trip this summer, but I have no job and drive a Mustang GT, so it would be too expensive for gas.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
I get what you mean. I have been interrailing, and i can honestly say that it was the most fun i ever had. Train journeys included. The fun we had nearly missing trains and meeting new people in the compartments and everything is something you wont get in car. Plus, on a train, you dont need to worry about being over the limit the next day, where to park, running out of petrol all that jazz. Plus the interrail ticket is pretty extensive, and the european train system is top notch.

Ahh I see. Sounds like a great alternative, we'll give it a look too.
Me and my friends did this last year since we knew everybody would be leaving at the start of summer for university and all that jazz this year. We went all the way to Texass from Ontario. Shit was so cash.
one time i accidentally swallowed a quarter. shit was so cash.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Never been on a proper road trip (unless you count a 30-40 minute drive with a few friends a road trip), but good music through a good sound system is always a nice addition.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by benonbass1
Why is everyshit so cash? 0.o

because that shit is SO FUCKING CASH