I just took a look at the GC used section on the website and never realized what a huge selection there is. I have really come across some excellent deals. Who has gone through the process of ordering used equipment from a distant store, and what are the shipping charges like?
all you do is call them up, tell them what you want to buy they give you a shipping cost and then give them shipping and credit card/debit card info to buy
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
PM AcousticMirror.

He's bought a shitton off of GC in the used section.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I ordered a used Marshall AVT412 cab from a GC in Arizona (I live in Michigan). They needed $35 to ship the cabinet, and they shipped the wrong one, too.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Its not very expensive to ship. As for how difficult it is, it completely depends on the store you are ordering from
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Ehh i don't really trust guitarcenter even though i bought a few expensive gear there in-store. I say if you're going to buy from guitarcenter, its better to buy in-store. The best website for gear is sweetwater.com and musiciansfriend.com
I was at Guitar Center today – the guy helping me said the GC now owns MusiciansFriend…
Quote by Just_Me_09
I was at Guitar Center today – the guy helping me said the GC now owns MusiciansFriend…

well that explains why they have went to shit lately
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
It's different in that you're simply connected to the store that has it and they'll work out shipping it to you. So you might have to wait a few days for them to call after you send the inquiry (I did, and I even sent a second email) but I'm sure that was a staff issue and once they connect with you it's a relatively easy procedure. Definitely worth trying. The shipping wasn't too bad - maybe $6 for my $75 pedal.
I've ordered used from them before and had no issues.

Also Guitar Center and Musicians Friend are owned by the same people/company. They've been sister companies for several years now. Old news is old.....
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Quote by gregs1020
PM AcousticMirror.

He's bought a shitton off of GC in the used section.

Correction. He's bought GCs used section.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Just_Me_09

They have for years, before Guitar Center even had a website.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
CLASH

i purchased a used les paul classic from them. it shows up and has a repaired neck crack. i called the store, got nowhere with the GM in orlando or miami, i can't recall which, and returned it to my local gc here in chicago.

so just be cautious, check the item over when you get it and return it if it's not what you expected. but understand that used items have seen wear obviously.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^ pretty much. I'd avoid buying guitars used unless you can see it and play it before buying, because it really is a hit and miss. Amps on the other hand - so long as you've played through one before ordering it - I'd almost always go used.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Buying an amp from them is usually safe. they pack it extremely well. the only downside is that they use UPS. but if its damaged in shipping argue for you cash back
Quote by mexican_shred
Buying an amp from them is usually safe. they pack it extremely well. the only downside is that they use UPS. but if its damaged in shipping argue for you cash back

Just call and double check if the price seems whacked. A GC on the other side of town from me had a Soldano Avenger for like $650, called them up, turns out its broken and apparently "they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it."

I kind of wish I had bought that now... how much could really go wrong with it? Didn't help that the amp tech I had back then sucked and now I have a good one
I have a huge fear if rays.
Well yea duh lol. I usually ask them about the cosmetic condition, electronic condition, and how it got there if they remember.

2 amps bought from them so far. no problems