My gear was wiggin out and I finally diagnosed it as being the cable. You know how when you have a cable plugged in to an amp and no guitar, and you touch the + part of the plug you get a lot of noise? I have to move my hand around on the tip to get noise, IE it isn't conductive all around.

So when its plugged into my guitar I have to move it all around to find the sweet spot where it actually connects my pups to the amp, and even then if I bump it it will flicker on and off. Weird right?

The only thing I can think of is that I left it in an incredibly humidified room for a couple days and maybe the metal oxidized? and the oxide isn't conductive? But that does't really make sense, and the metal looks the same as when I bought it...

Any idea what's wrong or how to fix it?
Probably a bad solder joint. Open it up and check.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
Probably a bad solder joint. Open it up and check.

exactly this. or just not waste your time and go buy a planet waves patch cord (lifetime warranty)
My sound.
Bugera 1990 Half Stack,
Jackson RR3, single EMG 85/bridge,
a planet waves patch cord.
Quote by phoenix_crush
I'm disgusted with the fact that Attack Attack can make money and a career by sucking so much dick.
Yeah stress on the cable can cause the wires to come loose from the solder.

^Its hardly a waste of time, you could save £20 by not buying a planet waves cable and fix em yourself for £3 for a soldering iron.
Quote by btp
exactly this. or just not waste your time and go buy a planet waves patch cord (lifetime warranty)
Or fix it for exactly zero dollars.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Could there be a loose soldering in the cable? There's definetly no problem in my guitars. And like I was saying, it's weird, parts of the tip are conductive and parts aren't, I don't understand! Could it have oxidized and the oxide isn't conductive?
It isnt weird, cables do this pretty often. Like i said its just stress been put on the cable. If it has metal jacks you can open it up. Take about an inch off the cable, and resolder.
Quote by flashbandit
Could there be a loose soldering in the cable? There's definetly no problem in my guitars.
Open it up and find out!
And like I was saying, it's weird, parts of the tip are conductive and parts aren't, I don't understand! Could it have oxidized and the oxide isn't conductive?
Probably not. It's probably giving erratic readings on your multimeter (I'm assuming you're using that) because the soldering is crapping out.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9