Hello again =]

I've decided, I'm going to mod my strat by adding a SD SH-4 to the bridge position.

I know I'll need to rout out the space for it, but I wanna know a couple other things..

Firstly, I want a 3 way selector. How do I install that and wire it up?

Then I'll want a tone knob for the pickup, 250 whatevertheunit us. How do I install that and wire it up?

Thanks guys =]

Also, if you have any tips on how to rout out the space or anything in general, tell me =]

Pics of it atm:
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Band Facebook
It depends on the 3 way selector how you wire it, is it going to be toggle or blade?

For humbuckers, the general value is 500kΩ, although 250k would work too. Ω is a unit of resistance called an Ohm. Again, it depends how your guitar will be set up, master or independent tones that will be how you wire it.

I would suggest checking out The Ultimate Guitar Wiring Thread. Right in the OP (O0riginal/first Post) they have a link to Seymour Duncan's website that has lots of easy to read diagrams, just pick which one you want.


Your going to need a router, solder iron, solder, wire, pots, etc. Also you have to drill a hole from the middle pickup hole to the bridge pickup hole for wires to go through to the control cavity.

Hubmbuckers usually use 500k pots. 250k can be make your guitar sound too muddy.

Here's a link to some wiring diagrams : http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/

So if you keep 2 knobs, and a 3 way switch, you would be using the one the says humbucker-2 humbuckers, 1 volume, 1 tone, 3 way switch. Of course you can see there are other options if you feel like doing them

Also, If you click in my sig where it says GB&C Hub, you'll find a link to a pickup routing tutorial i think. Might wanna check that out
Last edited by salgala2000 at Aug 15, 2010,