Page 1 of 3
What was the last artist, of any type of art, that really impressed you, or opened your mind to a new way of thinking about the art.

I'm going to go with Andy McKee. I took up piano so that I could play intricate things with multiple voices, and andy McKee kicks my ass on so many levels.
Band of Skulls, I suppose. But it wasn't mind-blowing or anything, just better than I was expecting, I guess.
MATTERHORN
Bring Me The Horizon and their album that's coming out in October. It's a complete maturation from Count Your Blessings (even though I still like CYB).

Oh, and flameshield not up, because I don't give a fuck.
Flying lotus has really been impressing me, his new album is brilliant and while it bursts with noise it also retains a kind of minimalism in it's hooks and structures. tasteful use of guest vocalists too.

Also the lyrics of Patrick Stickles of Titus Andronicus
Definitely Joe Bonamassa. Free Energy too.
Quote by Trowzaa
I can't look at anything starting with BB and not thinking big busty.
Big Busty Queefing.
65daysofstatic. I bought their new album and now I'm in love.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by LesPaulGuy1
Definitely Joe Bonamassa

Forget what I said, this fellow speaks the truth.
Stone.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by benonbass1
White Walls by BTBAM

This and Selkies are the only songs that earn BTBAM the inordinate amount of praise they receive on these forums.

/flame-shield.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Sir Lord Baltimore
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Nergal.

of Behemoth.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85–92

What is amazing is he had been working on tracks for this album since he was 13
I've recently gotten Acid Bath's both albums, the first song I listened to was "Scream Of The Butterfly". Totally blew me away.
Ghost Brigade. I heard them at Wacken 11 days ago and bar a single course of Gojira, I haven't heard anything since I got their two albums.
Trying to learn the solo to Symphony to Destruction yesterday made me appreciate Marty Friedman's unique style of guitar playing. If you're talking about just artists though I'd probably have to go with Boston. Just have a listen to Foreplay/Longtime and you'll see why

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
John Petrucci.

After listening, his playing inspired me to use my creativity to make my songs more unique.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I recently got Vinnie Moore's Meltdown album. WOW. The intro to the title track has been in my head for ages. Also i like how he can blend the energy of shred with the feel of blues with his phrasing and such. He's also got me into further exploring legato.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
The Emancipator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429N9zGDugc&feature=related

I wasn't particularly into drum and bass or electro music before, i could tolerate it but wouldn't really go out of my way to listen to it, i think i touched on trip hop but couldn't really identify with it too much, but i was chilling in my friends room the other day and listened to this, it is some of the most chilled out stuff i have heard in a while.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Alcest. I was pretty unimpressed with how metal was these days until I listened to them. Also, over the past few months, I've finally been able to like Joy Division. A year ago, I hated them. Now they're one of my favorite bands.
Karnivool and Rise to Remain
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Way Cool JR.
No one has blown me away since all the great 80's metal bands until recently. The two artists that blow me away is first Casey Jones AKA StickTrix is a future legend and Roxxi Catalano I am really liking what he is doing to he is a great singer and song writer. I am sure a few people have heard of them.

I seriously hope you don't mean hair metal by that.
Page 1 of 3