Not that I'm looking to just play up and down a scale obviously, but usually the way I start with this stuff is deciding which scale fits based on the chords in the progression. I'm having trouble doing that with this song for some reason. The song is done, just trying to write a solo for it, doesn't have to be super long or anything.

This is Drop C tuning (CGCFAD). Chords progression is this, repeating ad infinitum until I define how long it needs to go on by my solo length.

-
-
-

C5

-
-
-

G#5

And here's the weird one that's making this hard for me:

-
-
-

Chorderator calls it "D#no5/G".

The pattern is two bars of C5, two bars of G#5, two more bars of C5, then two bars of D#no5/G, and repeat.

I want to look at it with a root note of G, with a D# played along with it but if I follow G up the major scale (WWH WWWH which is ABC DEF#G) there is no D# in there. How would you work around this, and what else can I do to work out a solution?

Thanks
The whole thing is just in C. The G is not the root note of that chord, simply the lowest note. It's actually D# major triad (D# G A#), and the slash just means it starts on a note other than the root. You can continue soloing in C minor over it.