I'm looking to buy a guitar for my little brother, and he told me he would mostly play heavy metal (Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, etc) and I'm looking for one under $250. Can you guys recommend some?

Thanks.
What amp do you have?

Your guitar won't really make a whole lot of difference to your tone - most of your tone comes from your amp. But anything that feels good in your hands with 24 frets will do for what you want to play. Have you tried anything out yet?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
What amp do you have?

Your guitar won't really make a whole lot of difference to your tone - most of your tone comes from your amp. But anything that feels good in your hands with 24 frets will do for what you want to play. Have you tried anything out yet?

He has a Roland MicroCube, but he can always play on my Marshall MG102FX and I haven't tried out anything yet, as I'm going to look for some guitars tomorrow.
Oh, I didn't realize it was for your brother. Missed that. Well then, same thing applies to him. You should take him to the store to find out what he finds comfortable. There's nothing worse than getting a guitar that doesn't feel good.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Oh, I didn't realize it was for your brother. Missed that. Well then, same thing applies to him. You should take him to the store to find out what he finds comfortable. There's nothing worse than getting a guitar that doesn't feel good.

Very true. Thanks.
Save a little dough and get a Jackson X series. The DD pickups in them suck but put a few bucks with it and get some GFS pickups.

I have two Jackson DX10D's with GFS Crunchy Rail pickups in them and they play and sound incredible. I love it. Before I found the GFS Crunchies, I tried several DiMarzios and Duncans. None of them could hold a candle to the tone I get out of these pickups.
Quote by britishsligean
used ibanez rg

For whatever reason Craig's List is always full of used RG's in my area, usually at 50% original price or less. Of course, i didn't realize this until I bought mine new.
Quote by Rick540
Save a little dough and get a Jackson X series. The DD pickups in them suck but put a few bucks with it and get some GFS pickups.

I have two Jackson DX10D's with GFS Crunchy Rail pickups in them and they play and sound incredible. I love it. Before I found the GFS Crunchies, I tried several DiMarzios and Duncans. None of them could hold a candle to the tone I get out of these pickups.

Will check it out. Thanks.