Hey,

Now I've been playing for about six years, and I'm a lead guitarist, but i've never looked at the blues lead playing style..and we've just wrote our first blues/rock track with my band and I'm wanting to put a solo into it.

So can anyone point me in the right direction of tips into blues lead playing? I know the blues scales and such
When I do lead blues, I normally play in a minor scale, throw in chromatic notes, a few bends and don't rush it too much. It doesn't have to be precise like, say, metal solos.

phrasing...it's all about playing the RIGHT notes. Like Rokeman said, take it slow. B.B. King is the master of less is more.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Yep, a few doublestops would go down nicely. handlerb brings up a good point too, look into phrasing. Try Youtubing BB King and some other blues artists for ideas.
Quote by handlerb
phrasing...it's all about playing the RIGHT notes. Like Rokeman said, take it slow. B.B. King is the master of less is more.

That's not really what phrasing is though, phrasing is the art of putting the right notes in the right place; you can be playing all the right notes but still have very poor phrasing because they're in all the wrong places.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
pentatonic scales
minor scales
bends
bit of timing variations i guess

that kind of stuff
Gear:

Squier Tele Custom ii (p90 version)

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
Don't forget chord tones and the dorian scale. Once the minor pentatonic becomes boring, add these in to make it sound fresh again.