Poll Options
View poll results: ESP EC-1000 binding:
Looks great
37 40%
Butt ugly
55 60%
Voters: 92.
I'm totally in love with the top of the EC-1000's, especially the black cherry:

... but I can't stand the binding. Is it only me? I much prefer the plain binding on the EC-401's:

Virutally everyone hates the binding on LTD Deluxe series guitars.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I'm not a fan of Abalone binding either but its not butt ugly on some finishes, i like the binding on the Vintage Black finish however
Can I vote for the fact that it's ugly because it's an EC?

On a related note, I've found that abalone grows on you if you let it. I'm completely okay with the binding on the MH-1000 now (which I should have in a month or so... squee!)
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I love the binding. It looks good on the gloss black, at least to me, it does.
It's not that I don't like the abalone binding on the ECs, I just liked the gold trim on the EC-1000 VB better.

Also the only guitar I've ever seen where the abalone binding added to the guitar was my MH-1000 in Desert Brown sunburst (hence why I bought it).
Quote by Offworld92
Can I vote for the fact that it's ugly because it's an EC?

On a related note, I've found that abalone grows on you if you let it. I'm completely okay with the binding on the MH-1000 now (which I should have in a month or so... squee!)

Yes. Exactly. The binding grows on you. I didnt like it very much at first but look what I ended up with.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Ugly as hell. The EC looks like a rougher, more "metal" version of the Les Paul. Then contrast it with some sleaze/glam rock/metal glitter & spark binding and inlays and... ugh! Just gief Les Paul Standard kthxbai.
The vintage colours with the satin finish have much better looking binding, just white & black plastic rather than the abalone.
Well it's almost split down the middle. I figured someone would like that binding, otherwise they wouldn't build them that way.
Hate it and it definitely stops me from getting one. Guess I have to shell out for the real deal.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I think all that purfling looks hideous. Also hate ESP's damn 12th fret inlays. Can't get past that crap.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
I like most bindings, but the abalone one looks pretty ugly, would rather have just a plain white binding.
abalone isn't too bad but I wish they would cut down on guitars with the abalone on them (mainly deluxe series). i don't mind it on some of the deluxe's but when almost every deluxe has it it does get a little annoying.

that being said there are deluxe's (1000's) without the abalone.
Quote by yellowv
I think all that purfling looks hideous. Also hate ESP's damn 12th fret inlays. Can't get past that crap.

If you mean the model name inlay, real ESP's don't have that.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I think they are both alright looking, prefer the black one. Should make an "okay" option for the poll.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
I am not sure the reason behind the poll. Do you want them to stop making it just because in your opinion it is ugly? Or are you just looking for support from others for your opinion?? You know lemming syndrome the internut is so famous for.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Offworld92

Actually just about every guitar in the ESP standard series has the 12th fret inlay that says ESP.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
I have a green one with abalone. I wasn't too crazy about the abalone when i got it but i really like it now. The guitar feels soo good to me and sounds really special. The thing i noticed most is how many non guitar people compliment it and say they love the abalone (even though they don't know what it is). Guitar people like it too though.

It's a great guitar. I really like the lighter feel of the LTD over the ESP that was really the factor over not getting a esp. If you got the money to burn and don't mind the weight get the ESP. They are completely comparable though.

I wouldn't sell this guitar.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
i voted "butt ugly." it looks ok in those pictures, but it looks god awful in person.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by Offworld92

no, they have ESP which i actually like alot, i really thinks it just adds to the f**k-you-i-have-an-ESP-ness =D
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
I was at Guitar Center 2 days ago, just looking at the guitars on the walls, I saw some ESP/LTD (I believe LTD) Les Paul metal version (don't remember what the real name is. It looks like a metal Les Paul though) in black with orange binding. It was gross.
Quote by yellowv
Actually just about every guitar in the ESP standard series has the 12th fret inlay that says ESP.

Quote by therosa69
no, they have ESP which i actually like alot, i really thinks it just adds to the f**k-you-i-have-an-ESP-ness =D

That's true, but when I said real ESP's, I meant like real ESP's.

Check it: Almost none of these have the inlay, only like 1 or 2 have it.

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/original/

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
ohh! i totally read that wrong hahahaha and esp-ness..... i kinda failed on that one.... ahahha just read it out loud and you'll understand why ahhaha
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
Quote by therosa69
ohh! i totally read that wrong hahahaha and esp-ness..... i kinda failed on that one.... ahahha just read it out loud and you'll understand why ahhaha

I don't get it? lol, what you said made perfect sense to me. Did you mean something other than you like ESP's having ESP on the inlay because it shoves the fact that it's an ESP in your face?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yea, that, but now i confused myself >_> look away >_>
Quote by yellowv

true

abalone is gross..
I use't to have one a couple of years back and I didn't mind binding at first but pretty quickly I grew to hate it and soon sold it off. Looking back now I really don't know what the hell I was thinking when I did like it, it just look really tacky and cheap which is such a shame because otherwise it's an awesome guitar.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A