What are some stuff that you can do in your town that you can't do in too many other places?

I went crabbing today within walking distance of my house, which I assume not to many UGers can do. It's not like my town is uber special, but hey, it's something
Last edited by genghisgandhi at Aug 15, 2010,
Nothing. My town is boring. I spend lots of time in Oceanside, CA though, and there's plenty to do there. Sometimes I get to watch the military do landing drills, and once I saw them land a hovercraft.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I can surf whenever the ocean feels like cooperating. Its pretty neat.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I can leave on a plane very quickly.
I'm not all too fond of where I live, if it weren't for the people I'd go insane. My town doesn't really have anything that you cant do anywhere else.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Quote by genghisgandhi
I live a couple of blocks. But I hate the beach.

Couple of feet, in Oceanside. Right out the front door.
Quote by itchy guitar
I can surf whenever the ocean feels like cooperating. Its pretty neat.

I'm a little envious.
I can go watch live music somewhere any day of the week.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
I go "Prostin'" one the first Thursday of each month, my town has a fantastic selection of prostitutes, and they usually run a sale on Thursdays.
Quote by genghisgandhi
What are some stuff that you can do in your town that you can't do in too many other places?

I went crabbing today within walking distance of my house, which I assume not to many UGers can do. It's not like my town is uber special, but hey, it's something

I would assume that most UGers who live by the sea can catch crabs.

As for here, nothing.
Quote by Luke200420
I'm a little envious.
I can go watch live music somewhere any day of the week.

And I'm a little envious as well. Its 3 hours to West Palm Beach, which is where all the tours stop at. And an hour to Orlando, where some tours stop at.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by genghisgandhi
You have no tsunami buffer zone

Doesn't happen much on the west coast.
Quote by genghisgandhi
You have no tsunami buffer zone

^Not really as well as you can in my town. If you don't have any docks it can be kind of hard.

We have docks, and the best place to go crab fishing is nowhere near them.
Quote by rgrockr
Doesn't happen much on the west coast.

Yea, because we get daily Tsunamis over here.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by rgrockr
Couple of feet, in Oceanside. Right out the front door.

<--- grew up in Oceanside.
Quote by siksofus
<--- grew up in Oceanside.

When I was at Camp Pendleton I used to go to Oceanside to catch the surfliner to LA or San Diego. Oceanside is a pretty cool town though.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Free concert with local bands every friday...

Not really much...
There are lots of places to smoke weed, chill, and it's not a very busy town.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Well, I'm surrounded by farms.... that opens up a few options, I guess.... me and the guitarists of my band went out and found shrooms growing out of the cow droppings once.... although it was mostly just for the shrooms, sneaking onto the farm was actually pretty fun.

And, and one of them once had the idea to attempt to ride a cow, but never went through with it.
And, and one of them once had the idea to attempt to ride a cow, but never went through with it.

have rode every farmyard animal at onestage or other...apart form a sheep, im not welsh... >.>
<.<
Well in my home town, we would go cow tipping frequently. You can do that in most rural areas, but it's the best I can think of :\

Also, crabbing. (In Maryland. Anywhere else is fake-crabbing)
Quote by manicmusician
have rode every farmyard animal at onestage or other...apart form a sheep, im not welsh... >.>
<.<
Hmm... what are the chances of surviving if we were to attempt this? Keep in mind the one we found easiest to sneak into had all of the cows in one pen, so there is a fear of being trampled....
smoke up shitloads of good weed for a cheapass price, drink good booze for a reasonable price, go to great clubs with an okay fake id, all under the age of 18, then come out at 3-5am and eat cheapass but good food by almost any street, then take a cab home for not so much money. that's bangkok for you.
Nothing. Same for Norwich actually.

Although I can go crabbing if i go on a 30 mins max bus journey
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.