As I am 17 years old with no car and nearly no friends, I need something to do tomorrow. Its my last week of summer before school starts, and I want to do something fun, so I'm going on an adventure in the suburbs of Detroit, MI, USA.
There aren't many things to do around here, but I'm hoping the Pit might have some creative ideas for me?
I will talk about tech-death, all the time.
Take the bus into the city and walk. Doesn't have to be anywhere specific. Just walk. Let your feet guide you and take turns onto different streets whenever you feel the impulse too. I've never been to Detroit, but from the pictures I've seen, you should see some pretty surreal sights. I wouldn't worry about gangs or thugs, just mind your business and keep walking.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
an hero
Quote by stratdud39

i just facepalmed your facepalm

Quote by whalepudding
Hitler has been a villain in more films and ruined more hairstyles by association alone than any other suggestions.
Drape a white bed sheet over your head, go into Detroit, act like a ghost, and see if you can scare someone.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I absolutely love walking around Detroit, but when there isn't some sporting event or concert down there, it can be really unsafe. I also have no money for a bus. I have no money, I should've put that in the original post.
I'd walk around my city, but its most small post-WW2 homes that all look the same, gas stations, and megastores. Not exactly a city with a lot of character.
Quote by itchy guitar
Take the bus into the city and walk. Doesn't have to be anywhere specific. Just walk. Let your feet guide you and take turns onto different streets whenever you feel the impulse too. I've never been to Detroit, but from the pictures I've seen, you should see some pretty surreal sights. I wouldn't worry about gangs or thugs, just mind your business and keep walking.

I'd love to see those pictures . From what I've seen, Detroit is the epitome of depression.
Walk outside, get mugged, go back inside and reflect on what you have learned.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by genghisgandhi
I'd love to see those pictures . From what I've seen, Detroit is the epitome of depression.

Exactly what I mean. I can't be assed to embed pictures, so here is a link (an interesting one, at that.)

http://www.forgottendetroit.com/
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I love forgottendetroit.com! If I could get to M.C.S. I would spend days exploring that place, I've heard the hobos that hang out by the big fence outside it have all sorts of tips for getting in. Alas, I can't.
Call me crazy, but I think there is a kind of melancholy beauty in Detroit's run down buildings and areas.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by itchy guitar
Call me crazy, but I think there is a kind of melancholy beauty in Detroit's run down buildings and areas.

Agreed. Its kind of a tragic beauty.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Quote by itchy guitar

I see it too. Its sad to see most of these amazing buildings that were jewels when we were considered the "Arsenal of Democracy" in the 40s through the 50s, but everything has constantly gone downhill since, so I've learned. I'm going to make a day of getting into most of the places on forgotten detroit and hopefully get some cool pictures and not an arrest to go with them.
Quote by metalheadinjury
not an arrest to go with them.

You got feet dont'cha? And you should totally make a thread with all the pictures you took. DO IT.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by itchy guitar
You got feet dont'cha? And you should totally make a thread with all the pictures you took. DO IT.

I do, but Detroit cops shoot first and ask questions later. Literally, about 6 months ago they shot a 6 year old girl in the face.
And once I get around to getting into these places I will, it'll have to be a long-ass thread though.
Quote by itchy guitar

There's a town near me that's like that. But the man is tearing down all the cool old buildings and putting up new trendy buildings.
Quote by metalheadinjury
I do, but Detroit cops shoot first and ask questions later. Literally, about 6 months ago they shot a 6 year old girl in the face.
And once I get around to getting into these places I will, it'll have to be a long-ass thread though.

I doubt a single one of us will mind the enormous amount of pictures. Lets hope it is a long-ass thread.
Quote by MakinLattes
What "suburb" you in man?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Yeah, I have a feeling that a pristine Detroit just wouldn't feel like Detroit to me. I like seeing the street art, the slightly darkened atmosphere, but most of all talking to all the crazy bums. Some of those people have some truly innovative and caring minds.
Quote by rgrockr
Drape a white bed sheet over your head, go into Detroit, act like a ghost, and see if you can scare someone.
I'm from Dearborn Heights, but I stay in Livonia, Dearborn, Madison Heights, and Ferndale quite often, so it depends.
Quote by metalheadinjury
I'm from Dearborn Heights, but I stay in Livonia, Dearborn, Madison Heights, and Ferndale quite often, so it depends.

Was curious how far of a trek it was for you to get downtown. Not to far.
You can go down to Tiger Stadium and see if you get thrown out. Some times you do sometimes you don't.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Tiger Stadium's gone man. Nothin' but a giant, fenced in field on Michigan Avenue.
Though I do have 4 of the original blue seats in my basement