I've been a combo guy for the 4 years I've been playing, but I've decided my next purchase will be a head/cab setup. I'm thinking a Jet City 50w, but I heard the Jet City Cabinets are lacking, so I'm sort of baffled on where to start. I know a guy that's selling a Peavey Classic 4x10 cabinet for around 200 dollars. I can't find much info or reviews on the cabinet. Should I go for this offer or save my money for a better cabinet?
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
Quote by baf250
I've been a combo guy for the 4 years I've been playing, but I've decided my next purchase will be a head/cab setup. I'm thinking a Jet City 50w, but I heard the Jet City Cabinets are lacking, so I'm sort of baffled on where to start. I know a guy that's selling a Peavey Classic 4x10 cabinet for around 200 dollars. I can't find much info or reviews on the cabinet. Should I go for this offer or save my money for a better cabinet?

save for a better cabinet.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Because you're buying a Jet City, I assume that you like dirtier tones and not clean or bluesy tones. Because of this I would suggest that you save for a better cabinet.

The peavey sounds good for cleans and nothing else in my opinion really, especially with the 10'' speakers.

You should look for a 2x12 Mesa/Orange/Marshall 1960 to name a few.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by baf250
I heard the Jet City Cabinets are lacking

In what respect are the Jet City cabs lacking? Poor craftsmanship? Crap speakers? No visual appeal? I don't actually know how good or bad they are, but if you could quantify why you believe them to be lacking, it would help your decision making process.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
In what respect are the Jet City cabs lacking? Poor craftsmanship? Crap speakers? No visual appeal? I don't actually know how good or bad they are, but if you could quantify why you believe them to be lacking, it would help your decision making process.

Lacking as in the speakers do no good in letting the amp shine. Keep in mind I haven't tried the amp at all yet, so I'm only going off of others experiences.

@FuzzLove: I much prefer a dirtier tone primarily for 80s hard rock. Thanks for the opinion, I've seen some Marshall 1960s floating around for 250-300 dollars. Perhaps I should check those out.
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
The JCA Cabs are certainly good for the price, although when you talk about the JCA 4x12, then you may want to look elsewhere (probably used). The JCA cabs just won't do the amp justice when it comes to the 2x12 and the 4x12. They sound very dark.

They are however, very solidly built, and look great. They are by no means bad cabs. In fact, a 2x12 with different speakers changed would be a great cab IMO.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.