What kind of pedal would I use if I wanted my bass to have really heavy distortion, so that it sounded like a regular guitar with distortion, just an octave lower?
Last edited by Ginsu at Aug 15, 2010,
a distortion pedal?

I don't think I understand the question.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
i ussualy use a digitech bp50 it have the boss metal zone distortion and sound very well but overpowers the amplifier make vicious the sound, using with a cry baby bass souns very heavy
Like I wanna play meshuggah-style guitar riffs. Is there I way I could get a sound like theior guitarists, but on a bass? An 8-string is a bit out of my price range.
Bass Big Muff would be good for that. Any bass distortion/fuzz is going to sound like guitar distortion but an octave or two lower, that's how the bass works.

Edit: oh, you want to be in the octave between the E string on bass and E string on guitar? Then play the riffs up higher on the neck, or get an octave up + fuzz pedal.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Aug 15, 2010,
Fuzz pedals like the Bass Big Muff Pi seem to wrk better than distortion pedals if you EQ right.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
To my ears, using distortion on bass has more of a fundamental note loss than on guitar. Like, it is probably the same, but I feel as if with bass, you need to hear the individual note more. If you want to sound like a guitar, using a guitar distortion will do that!
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I had the EHX Big Muff Pi, now I have an Ibanez PD-7 and it gives a more guitar like distortion. The Big Muff didn't really give a guitar like distortion IMO
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
I use a Little Big Muff .

If I combine that with a chorus and my Sansamp Overdrive, it sounds nuts.