Hey, I've been looking for a Kramer guitar for a long time, and recently found a plethora of Kramers on Musicians Friend for cheap. I was wondering, how do they send the guitar, where do you pick it up, and are their guitars of better, worse or average quality then store bought guitars?

Thanks for the help
Quote by AICfreak
avoid where wesman is...unless you like surprise anal <_<......

just jks

no srsly....avoid.

Quote by the bartender
yea I was pretty shocked the when I shot my first one, but I kinda started to like the smell of freshly killed underage girls
The quality is propably around average. The problem with buying guitars online is that you never quite know what you're getting, there's always one or two bad apples in a series of guitars. Mail is usually pretty gentle with your stuff, but on the other hand you have to take into account shipping and taxes if you're buying online and usually you won't get it for as cheap as it looks.
I got my second guitar from MF. I did the standard stuff: new strings, actual set up after I received it, and everything was fine otherwise. Shipping is free on pretty much anything but half stacks and drum sets.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
I've done business with MF myself, and they're not bad. I'd always suggest buying a guitar that you've touched and played, but it's not always an option.

If you have the choice, buy a guitar you can touch and play before paying. If not, MF isn't bad.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I've bought a number of items from MF over the years. Never had a problem. I even bought a very high-end amp from them recently. Have also bought two or three guitars from them - one costing $3k.

Think of it like this... The manufacturer makes the item and sends it to MF. When you buy it, you get it in the same box that the manufacturer used. The boxes are usually well-padded from the equipment maker, so it's unlikely you're going to have any issues - it's already shipped once in that box. If you're the type who feels that each guitar is slightly different, you may be a little reluctant to buy sight unseen.

You can usually get free shipping from MF and you'll not likely pay sales tax, either. Unfortunately, I've never heard of anybody negotiating for a cheaper price, like you can at GC and most other stores. They will price match, though. Do your math and decide what's best for you.
I've only bought pedals off of MF. Well, that and some specialty picks. But I always had a good experience. I also like that I can go to them and read reviews on products.

I recommend MF; though if you can, play the guitar/amp beforehand. If you can't, buy from MF. Great site, TS!
Thanks for all the help, but will they deliver right to your door, or to some sort of mail storage facility?
Quote by AICfreak

just jks

no srsly....avoid.

Quote by the bartender
yea I was pretty shocked the when I shot my first one, but I kinda started to like the smell of freshly killed underage girls
Quote by iEatBabies666
Thanks for all the help, but will they deliver right to your door, or to some sort of mail storage facility?

They deliver straight to your house. UPS or FedEx, I think.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Das_Skittles
They deliver straight to your house. UPS or FedEx, I think.

UPS everytime unless you request otherwise.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Anyone know how long they take to ship a guitar?
Last edited by NO11YOU at Aug 16, 2010,
Mine arrived in about 4 days after the order confirmed. They're relatively quick. Also, if you don't like the guitar, I believe you can send it back for a full refund.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

From my experience I like MF. I ordered my first bass from them and it was set up better than the second bass I hand picked at GC. Good customer service too.
I pride myself on my humility.
Do you need to use a credit card to pay for the order? Or is there any other way?
Quote by AICfreak

just jks

no srsly....avoid.

Quote by the bartender