Like some musicians, I've been plagued by the curse of two thing. A) Low funds, and B) a lack of good local music stores with a variety of things to choose from. Because of these things, my knowledge of more expensive/bigger gear has been limited and only with the past couple months have I grasped the concept of amp heads and cabs and such. Anyways, I'm looking at long freaking last getting a job, and I need something loud enough to be heard over a drummer or for gigs and such. So after I'm done saving up to finish the payment on a guitar I've got on lay-away (A Schecter PT Fastback for anyone interested. Not the re-issue, one of those made in the 80's), I figure the next step is a big, decent, but not waaay too expensive amp. I've been searching and I've liked what I've heard about the B-52 ATX100 amp head. Originally I was looking at the AT100, but I believe it's discontinued so whatever. I've heard some good things about the ATX too. Then, I was going to just aim for the AT412 cabinet to match it, but I came across the Peavey ValveKing 412 cabinet and it seemed like it might be better, plus I'm fan of mixing and matching stuff. But, as I said earlier, I lack good local stores to go to that would actually have this stuff, so I'm SOL for going down to a shop and testing it out myself, and youtube videos and online reviews can only do so much. So I figure I might as well go ask some people who might be able to give me a more detailed response so I can make a better decision.

For those to lazy to read and/or are intimidated by my wall of text, here's the shortened to-the-point version:

B-52 ATX100 head + Peavey ValveKing 412 cab =

-Awesome?
-Good?
-Bad?
-Decent?
-Do a different head?
-Different cab?
-I'm a noob and those things are incompatable to start with so I should set myself of fire?
-Pie?

So anyways, someone please help me out here, would be much appreciated. Could use the input of someone more experienced than I.

-Much Love, Ace

(P.S. - I'm in favor of option 1, 2, or 8, but you know, whatever works)
~
"I'm a musician, what did you expect?"

~
The Valveking cab is shit, don't do it. It's telling when not even Valveking users like the VK cabs. The ATX head is supposed to be pretty decent kit though.

Get a used Avatar or a Mesa cab instead, it'll be alot better for your sound.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Yes, but that's a terrible price for a Mesa cab. You can find them used on Guitar Center's website for cheaper than what that one is likely to end up costing.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Huh, alright then. I rather like that. Any other suggestions?
~
"I'm a musician, what did you expect?"

~