I recently got an ibanez sr506, and I love the way it plays and sounds, but the only problem is it is sort of neck heavy. I know its probably something you usually get used to, but are there any solutions to this besides getting a different strap? (i havent had a chance to get a good leather one yet-just used the cheap nylon one i got with it)
I feel your pain. Maybe get or make a strap that ins more clingy to your shirt or mod it into a headless bass.
Bass is my life.
Quote by Greenday389
I feel your pain. Maybe get or make a strap that ins more clingy to your shirt or mod it into a headless bass.

a little bit more drastic than a new strap ya?
no sir away a papaya war is on
imo i use a leather strap so regardless if the bass/guitar (which in my case my P-bass is very top heavy) the strap keeps it balanced without trouble. im guessing due to the leathers 'gripping' quality. so id take a look into those.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
I have an SR506 and exactly the same problem. The only bass I have that seems to balance on my leg perfectly without me holding it up is my Warwick Corvette!
A 3" leather strap will solve virtually any neck dive issues. I used to play a Gibson EB3 (not much out there that has any worse neck dive). With a 3" leather strap I had no neck dive issues. You want a strap that has a slight suede feel to it on the inside. That'll solve your problem. Adding weight to the bass just makes your feet hurt worse.

-Dawg