Page 1 of 2
So the other day, before I went to see scott pilgrim I had happened upon a dating site called Beautiful people, because my friend was telling me about it and by god was I curious. I signed up because I thought it would be a hoot, and admittedly I need my ego fed.

Beautifulpeople is basically a no uglies allowed club... You send an application with your picture and you are rated by the community with a like/dislike sort of deal, wherein there are four buttons to press (Yes, Ok, No, And Absolutely not). You have to have a good like/ dislike ratio to get in. In short, there are a lot of bruised feelings, and not all of them by ugly people. There is a "Getting In" and "Not Getting In" list, where you can see the sadness parade in all its glory.

TL;DR I am a disgusting person and I need people to stroke my ego, so I go to Beautiful People.com. What do you think of this site? horrid and not unlike /b/ in it's potential to unleash untold amounts of sore butt?
Last edited by btones at Aug 16, 2010,
What does this have to do with Scott Pilgrim?

Also, sounds like you're a little too confident about getting in.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
While hilariously blunt, it's a pretty cool idea, actually. Think of the (theoretical) children that these people will create!
I heard that website also has a sperm bank, to supposedly let "ugly" people have "beautiful" children. At least it's better than AshleyMadison though.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
There's a goddamn lion on the front page with some girl lounging on it in a leopard skin blanket.

That should tell you everything you need to know about how asinine this site is.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I think that anybody who thinks that the beauty of a person can be judged by a single photo alone is a huge idiot.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I think that anybody who thinks that the beauty of a person can be judged by a single photo alone is a huge idiot.

Yes, beauty is not solely based on exterior looks
signature
Quote by Bullet-Rule
Yes, beauty is not solely based on exterior looks

Well, while that's true, it's not what I meant.

Somebody's physical beauty is dependant on a lot of things that you can't get from a photo, such as facial expressions, gestures, posture, and other things that require observing somebody over a length of time.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Somebody's physical beauty is dependant on a lot of things that you can't get from a photo, such as facial expressions, gestures, posture, and other things that require observing somebody over a length of time.

Yep. It's 100% true. How a woman carries herself is a huge factor in my mind.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by CoreysMonster

Sounds like there's a real market for a "Beautiful People" competitor. Video cameras are a common item nowadays. Let's create a site where you don't just submit a picture... You submit 72 hours of video surveillance of your (friend's) life! Nobody escapes those determined to find true beauty.

In all seriousness, I agree 100%. A girl might look "hot" in a picture, but if her actions disgust me... No!
Quote by JC13
Sounds like there's a real market for a "Beautiful People" competitor. Video cameras are a common item nowadays. Let's create a site where you don't just submit a picture... You submit 72 hours of video surveillance of your (friend's) life! Nobody escapes those determined to find true beauty.

In all seriousness, I agree 100%. A girl might look "hot" in a picture, but if her actions disgust me... No!

Also, pretty girls with annoying laughs = instant boner kill.
Quote by CoreysMonster

you're picky
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by CoreysMonster

Well if they're laughing at your boner you're probably no prize horse yourself.
Quote by CoreysMonster
No I'm not

everyone has weird laughs... they cant help that, it would suck to have to try and laugh sexy everytime you found something funny. idk, I like weird little quirks on people
though i hate the sound of teenage girl voices, even my own sometimes
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
everyone has weird laughs... they cant help that, it would suck to have to try and laugh sexy everytime you found something funny. idk, I like weird little quirks on people
though i hate the sound of teenage girl voices, even my own sometimes

Well, it's just like outer appearances. A laugh is just something you either find attractive, or you don't. It'd be stupid to try and laugh in a way that isn't natural to you just to please a guy or a girl, and if someone tells you you have an annoying laugh, someone else might tell you you have the sexiest laugh he's ever heard.

Hell, I don't exactly have a sexy, manly laugh either, but I've never had any complaints, and I sure don't give a rat's ass either way
I would never make it on that site.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Quote by CoreysMonster
Well, it's just like outer appearances. A laugh is just something you either find attractive, or you don't. It'd be stupid to try and laugh in a way that isn't natural to you just to please a guy or a girl, and if someone tells you you have an annoying laugh, someone else might tell you you have the sexiest laugh he's ever heard.

Hell, I don't exactly have a sexy, manly laugh either, but I've never had any complaints, and I sure don't give a rat's ass either way

youre still picky and a butt
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by CoreysMonster
A very sexy butt

I would continue this butt conversation but I have already gotten in enough trouble with it... for example, me and Cas are having a butt-off consisting of three judges and a shot each of our bare asses.
ryan sing me a lullaby plz so i can stop spamming and curl up and dig my nose in my pillow and sleep
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

lullaby and goodnight
go get off the internet
because the prospect of having fun
will keep you awake little one!

I am such an awesome poet.
Why do you have a wobbly clock that isn't a proper Dali wobbly clock?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
:3 now cuddle with me. DO IT
spanks for the lullabyyyy i can already feel my eyelids drooping

edit: ^ but it is! its just another baby version of persistence of memory
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at Aug 16, 2010,

Beauty is such a fraction of a person's character anyway. Big deal.

Fun fact: 'beautiful' people are often very boring. Give me interesting over beautiful any day.
I thought this would be about the TV show. I am disappointed.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Quote by Våd Hamster
Beauty is such a fraction of a person's character anyway. Big deal.

Fun fact: 'beautiful' people are often very boring. Give me interesting over beautiful any day.

very true.

Finding a beautiful, but still interesting girl is nearly friggin impossible.
This sight is a great idea. Ugly/fat people should be segregated from shaggable members of society anyway. Pisses me off when you see a woman looking good from behind then she turns round and her face brings a tear to your eye.
Hopefully this site is the start of a greater social movement.
I don't see the point. It's not like it's a massive burden getting messages from uglies on other dating websites, and it's just limiting your choice to someone else's taste.
Quote by smb
I don't see the point. It's not like it's a massive burden getting messages from uglies on other dating websites, and it's just limiting your choice to someone else's taste.

It's for conceited assholes, basically.
Quote by smb

this is actually a very good point. How do we know that their taste in others' appearances equals our own?

I mean, say you don't like super skinny chicks, and prefer a little meat on a girl, but they adhere to the media's definition of beauty (that girls should have the bodies of 10 year old boys). You'd be extremely limited in your choices, and would most likely not find someone you'd really find attractive.
And that's just an example, there are tons of other factors that are very individual and to the person's taste.

Hell, now that you mention it, I'd never want to be on that site.
Quote by CoreysMonster
very true.

Finding a beautiful, but still interesting girl is nearly friggin impossible.

Add 'interested in you' and 'living in a realistically reachable location' and you've got chances not even the devil would gamble on.

But really, I've met a few of those girls (bar the last two, so lonely ;_; ), and it's true what they say- an otherwise bland looking person can all of a sudden turn into cutesexybabe on rocketskates if he/she has an interesting personality. It can even excuse a great amount of fuckedupness on their side.

This is why men fall for crazy bitches and girls for jackasses.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Add 'interested in you' and 'living in a realistically reachable location' and you've got chances not even the devil would gamble on.

But really, I've met a few of those girls (bar the last two, so lonely ;_; ), and it's true what they say- an otherwise bland looking person can all of a sudden turn into cutesexybabe on rocketskates if he/she has an interesting personality. It can even excuse a great amount of fuckedupness on their side.

This is why men fall for crazy bitches and girls for jackasses.

this post gets my truth-stamp of approval.
ive met a lot of interesting beautiful people and boring plain people

idk. I dont know if most people find me attractive and I dont care all too much but I think I'm a fairly attractive person (its hard not to be when you're my age) and I also think I'm interesting enough. actually I think im ****ing weird but thats interesting myeah? I dont limit myself on how intriguing i need to be just because I think i look nice
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

none of those people in the banner page look anywhere near beautiful to me...
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
just for the record, I agree with you, Corey. The part about not being right in judging beauty through pictures.

Example: We all know how ugly Angelina Jolie looks in pictures. Yuck yuck. All that plastic surgery ruined something that wasn't that great in the first place.

When I saw her in Wanted, I totally changed my mind about her. How she moved, her body language, even some of her facial expressions (The scene where Wesley shoots the wings off the flies and storms out of there, and yells at her to get out of the way. She smiles at him like he's a little kid, if anybody knows what I'm talking about) does so much more justice than any picture of her.

Or something.
Quote by vintage x metal
ive met a lot of interesting beautiful people and boring plain people

You could argue that the reason you think they're beautiful is that they are _also_ interesting, and vice versa for the other case.
Quote by Våd Hamster
You could argue that the reason you think they're beautiful is that they are _also_ interesting, and vice versa for the other case.

nah i mean it makes them a lot more appealing but objectively speaking they are just physically gorgeous already. there are a lot of people i find physically attractive but i dont find them appealing
there are also people i think are 'beautiful' in the sense of art and things, like some skinny models who dont have a pretty face but just an interesting one, but i dont find them attractive either
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Page 1 of 2