the jazz bass...ibanez sucks! plus they're ugly...what kind of music do u play?

Originally Posted by anonymus
I voted "evolutionism", though. Cuz you know... it's sciencey.

Originally Posted by anonymus
We were all created by God...
As Monkeys...
Then evolved.
End Debate.
Neither of these. If you have a $300 budget you can probably find a pretty decent 4 string bass at a local pawn shop. Generally these starter pack guitars tend to be kind of crappy.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Hey mate, Welcome to the bass forum

Not long ago I was looking at buying my first bass, and I also bought an ESP package, and looking back now .. damn I regret that decision.

Take my advice and experience and stay away from them packages, sure they're a damn good price, but all things considered I would say hit the second hand sites and stores and find a better bargain. The items in the packages just aren't up to scratch, and tbh, are absolutely SH*T.

Looking second-hand, I would say Squier Vintage Modified, Classic Vibe (<-- those are what Im looking for at the moment to replace my crap package gear ) and also Yamaha and Ibanez and even ESP and Fender if you can find them cheap. Even new Yamaha and Ibanez have really cheap basses. And in terms of amps, look Peavey and Acoustic, both for old and new, they're hard wearing and I've heard great things about them, and they're also really cheap.

I think thats it .. I mean gig bags and tuners and leads etc. are cheap as dirt anyway. Whew, man I must be bored tonight to type this much
There was once a wise Chinese man who said:

"All you can eat, $12.50"
Quote by irotinmyskin
the jazz bass...ibanez sucks! plus they're ugly...what kind of music do u play?

I bought an Ibanez starter pack and wasted my money on a warranty because I never had a problem with it. I sold my schecter studio 5 so I could keep my Ibanez. Ibanez is the king of cheaper/starter basses
Anyways...

for $240 you could get an Ibanez SR300 which completely owns any of those other starter basses. The only downside is you lose the amp and accessories. http://www.daddys.com/ Is a great place for used gear
Last edited by RedPorkbun at Aug 16, 2010,
alright thanks to all of you guys, but since i shouldn't get a package, i only have $300 so can i get a decent bass, amp , and a cable with much money?
Quote by jhyun96
alright thanks to all of you guys, but since i shouldn't get a package, i only have $300 so can i get a decent bass, amp , and a cable with much money?

20ft monster cable: $20
15w Amp: $70
Bass: $210

I really do recommend daddys junky music though. Ask your mom/dad/friend to loan you $35 and you could get this awesome bass For $220 with a one year warranty. The pickups alone cost about $200 and the F-204 was $700 when I bought it back in 05'. Its rated "Very Good" meaning "Well played but well taken care of. The item will probably not have all original packaging and possibly no manual or accessories. The item will function fully and won't have any major scuffs, dings or gouges. This is the most common condition."

Why should you believe this bass is any better than a starter kit? Because I have a starter kit bass, an ESP F-204 and an ESP F-254 and can vouch for both sides. Pics and video:
http://picasaweb.google.com/flyingaero/ESPF204HD#
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJoxkwNNBsE

The guys at Daddys are great.
Last edited by RedPorkbun at Aug 16, 2010,