What the hell superheros were they looking at that go around flaunting bling and womanising?
Quote by JackalUK
What the hell superheros were they looking at that go around flaunting bling and womanising?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLqsdPUfnno
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I thought society was moving further away from the masculininty and femininity dichotomy...but I guess I was wrong?
Lol, I think they failed in their study.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
Stupid researchers! I'll kick their asses, just like the Hulk would god damnit!
"don't like school and they shirk responsibility"

hmm, this seems to describe me perfectly...
Quote by JackalUK
In work, can't watch it.

It's the scene from Spider Man 3 where Peter Parker is trying to act all cool as shit.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by JackalUK
In work, can't watch it.

its the video from spiderman 3 of when peter got the venom symbiote on him the first time and he went around dancing to james brown and pointing at chicks.
Quote by JackalUK
You can't base an argument on that steaming pile of poor portrayal.

Every girl looking at him is like WTF is this shit so if anything it's telling kids not to be that douche. The article just made me lol.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by JackalUK
You can't base an argument on that steaming pile of poor portrayal.

It wasn't really an argument as more of a joke...

I'm not sure how it's even possible to relevantly argue the factuality of that article.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
"Today's superhero is too much like an action hero who participates in non-stop violence; he's aggressive, sarcastic and rarely speaks to the virtue of doing good for humanity.

Have these guys ever SEEN an old Batman comic book, back when he still used a gun? If anything, today's superheros are much LESS violent than they used to be.

I mean, you'll never see Captain America punching Adolf Hitler in the face nowadays.

Boys could look up to and learn from comic book heroes of the past because outside of their costumes, they were "real people with real problems and many vulnerabilities".

Uh huh. So Batman's constant struggle with himself and the definition of what it means to be a hero, or Spiderman's incredible fear of losing another loved one all mean nothing?

You know what? I think these idiots just watched "Iron Man" and based all of today's portrayal of super heroes off that movie. And even then, I mean, Tony Stark is a womanizing rich dude who basically used his new energy source, which would totally change the world and better the lives of everyone, to make a flying metal suit to play chicken with jets with, but ... actually, nevermind. Tony Stark is an asshole.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 16, 2010,
Quote by JayT44
It wasn't really an argument as more of a joke...

I'm not sure how it's even possible to relevantly argue the factuality of that article.

I'm gonna make up a bunch of super heroes who help old ladies cross the street and then try to hit on them. Prove em right and wrong at the same time.

^EDIT: http://marvel.com/videos/563.japanese_spiderman,_episode_01

Japanese Spider Man has a machine gun.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Aug 16, 2010,
This research seems about 50 years too late to me, gender roles seem to be declining in western society to me.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda
This research seems about 50 years too late to me, gender roles seem to be declining in western society to me.

I'd somewhat disagree with that based on observations I've made but Texas probably isn't the best place to base the progress of Western society as a whole upon.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Superheroes in comics are fictional, they're designed for the purpose of being entertaining, not for the purpose of supplying role models.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Have these guys ever SEEN an old Batman comic book, back when he still used a gun? If anything, today's superheros are much LESS violent than they used to be.

I mean, you'll never see Captain America punching Adolf Hitler in the face nowadays.

Uh huh. So Batman's constant struggle with himself and the definition of what it means to be a hero, or Spiderman's incredible fear of losing another loved one all mean nothing?

You know what? I think these idiots just watched "Iron Man" and based all of today's portrayal of super heroes off that movie. And even then, I mean, Tony Stark is a womanizing rich dude who basically used his new energy source, which would totally change the world and better the lives of everyone, to make a flying metal suit to play chicken with jets with, but ... actually, nevermind. Tony Stark is an asshole.

'm guessing they conducted their survey by asking kids just coming out of the cinema having seen Iron Man and who were talking loudly about how awesome it was when the thing blew up.
and yet again, another repeat case of lazy reporting.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian