I can't find anything on this. I would love to know some amp settings and gear I could use to get close to his sound from Back for the Attack. I am using a 500t pickup on my explorer through a DS-1 Monte Allums "Roxx mod" as a booster with my amp dist. at 3 o'clock contour - 1 o'clock and bass and treb at around 3-4 o'clock. I know a randall or Plexi would help but those aren't in the budget. Any gear recommendations or setting changes, I am close but it still seems so far away.
500T is a ceramic magnet pickup, George has the SD Screamin Demon which has an alnico V magnet in it and he uses maple bodied guitars. That could be your missing link if you're really anal about tone.
Quick question though, what amp are you currently using?
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
My guess would be an MG with those settings. The DS-1 is voiced completely wrong for what you want TS. We need to know the amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Its an MG250dfx, not great with pedals but cheaper than a tube. I know that he uses a tubescreamer copy or something but i could have sworn I read that he used to use a ds-1. (I had it lying around so I thought I'd mod it and use it). Yah im not really that anal i like Gibsons.=)
Last edited by penguinguy34 at Aug 16, 2010,
Sure he may have used a DS1, but it would have a completely different effect on the sound when plugged into a different amp - that's where the weak link in your chain is. You're on a hiding to nothing trying to "boost" your amp distortion, you simply can't do that on a cheap solid state amp...you just get an assload of noise and feedback. The boosting trick only really works on tube amps.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Aug 16, 2010,
if anyone happens to stumble across this, I have just bought a soldano avenger and am looking at getting an ibanez ts808. So if anyone has any settings that they use for the dokken tone it would be appreciated.
Gear:
Gibson '61 SG (57 Classics)
Ibanez RG4EXFM1 (TB-6)
Gibson '08 Explorer (500T)
Soldano Avenger 100
No Name 4X12 w/ Texas Heat+V12
I Want More Stuff