I finished recording a song in ProTools, but when I go to Export it, it's grayed out. So...How can I export it?
It says,
"The MP3 option cannot be enabled because: Module Initialization failed for MP3.dll. The MP3 demo period may have expired." Any idea what this means/how to fix it?
If I remember correctly you have to buy an extension to bounce to MP3 in protools. You'd be better off bouncing it to a high quality WAV or AIFF and then bouncing that to an MP3 in another program.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Sonny_sam
If I remember correctly you have to buy an extension to bounce to MP3 in protools. You'd be better off bouncing it to a high quality WAV or AIFF and then bouncing that to an MP3 in another program.

This. The MP3 option is about $20 and you need an iLok key for the license (which, if you're using Pro Tools, you probably have one).
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
+1. Bounce to disk as an interleaved WAV file at 16 bit/44.1kHz and then convert to mp3 using a dedicated program.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
If you happen to be using a mac, there's a really good conversion program called Max - http://sbooth.org/Max/ which is free.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
You can also use iTunes to convert stuff to .mp3 format. That's what I do.
I use switch, max, and itunes. Max is the best quality with the most options, I don't really trust iTunes, and switch is my usual go-to bouncer for when I don't want to think about the process and just get it done fast.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by jof1029
i use Switch to convert things to mp3. works well, and is free.

On what I think is their website, it has the option for "purchase" and "get it now." So what's the difference between these?

Also, I tried the iTunes thing, but when I tried opening the wav file in iTunes, it crashed and continued to crash whenever I tried opening it.