I figured this would fit in GB&C better than the bass section.
I want to stretch an ordinary bed sheet over the grill on my 8x10 and paint on it.Will this affect my tone much?
If so,are there any solutions I could look into?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Last edited by Ian hawkins at Aug 16, 2010,
It depends on the paint. I would dye the sheet, rather than paint it. if it was still the same feel and whatnot as the sheet, then there should be no problem if you get it nice and tight.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Anything put over the front of the speakers will cut the treble, probably not too much of a problem here. Look for something that is as open weave and thin as possible. If you can breathe through it it should be OK.

Using dye rather than paint avoids blocking the 'pores' so choose cotton which takes dyes better than man made fibres.

As above keep it tight or it will rattle against the existing grille.
Bump?
Any other opinions out there?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Phil Starr
Anything put over the front of the speakers will cut the treble, probably not too much of a problem here. Look for something that is as open weave and thin as possible. If you can breathe through it it should be OK.

Using dye rather than paint avoids blocking the 'pores' so choose cotton which takes dyes better than man made fibres.

As above keep it tight or it will rattle against the existing grille.

+1

To be honest, Phil has basically summed up the answer with his post.